July 2008, Las Vegas, M&M World (bought nothing!)
- Now is the time to take care of me, choose, plan and achieve my goals.
-How are you feeling? Doing? (the weather in your world)
- If I don't take care of me, I can't take care of you.
- Go exercise. It makes you feel good!
- EASY does it . . . . . . . . . breathe.
- Stop and give yourself credit for *everything* you do, and appreciate the things you have to be thankful for.
- To become more self-observant and be able to better plan my activities to reach my goals.
- To better articulate my goals.
- To learn how to adjust my diet to incorporate watching both carbs and, now, saturated fats.
- To find better perseverance.
- To get it off and learn how to keep it off!
I track my food (500 calories less then my basal needs) watching calories, saturated fat, carbs, fiber and protein, and work to exercise more regularly to burn more calories, thereby lowering my weight. I am learning to incorporate more whole foods and healthy vegetables thanks to both The Suppers Program and the Whole Foods Wellness Club.
I’m a pretty well controlled Type II Diabetic with an insulin pump. I've lost 40 pounds previously on my own with diet and exercise, but it is tough on your own (from 178 lbs., I returned to 220 when my parents were nonstop sick for a year and a half and my mom died).
I know that the sense of community here and all of the positive reinforcement (Spark Points!) will help me more easily to reach my own goals. I’m glad to be here and trying it again.
I love audiobooks and the wonderful hot tub at the gym.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 223.0
Hey Robin...not getting Spark emails when you post on my status...back and abdominal pain was the problem...slowly getting better, thanks for thinking of me
2079 days ago
Thanks for the comment on my blog! I am glad to have found SP as well, the people are awesome, and the support is great, and never changes if you are succeeding, or just getting back into the swing of things after a tumble off the health wagon. Hope to see you around!
2101 days ago
I wish it was a white party, nope, just my family being silly. The piano player in the piano bar encouraged everyone to wear their bathrobes on the last night of the cruise so we did it. :)
2107 days ago
★ Happy, , Blessed, Healthy and ProSPerous ★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★ New Year ★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~＼。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ ｜ 田田 ｜門｜ ˚ from our house to yours!
2279 days ago
¤**¤A Christmas Blessing¤**¤
God bless the master of your house,
The mistress also,
And all the little children
That round the table go;
And all your kin and kinfolk,
That dwell both far and near;
I wish you a Merry Christmas
And a Happy New Year
Jesus is the reason for the season!
Wishing you a Blessed Christmas
filled with joy, love, & laughter...
¤•*¨*•¤Lots of love, Tony ¤•*¨*•¤
2290 days ago