Me at the top of Badger Mountain, Washington State, January 24, 2011
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
I joined SparkPeople in October 2010 and lost 35 pounds before April 2011. I have maintained my loss since then. I need to lose another 40 pounds to reach my goal.
Lately I have been struggling and am hopeful that the 2011 Fall 5% Challenge will assist me in staying closer to my eating and exercise program. I do better when I have a challenge that requires daily reporting.
Starting September 24, when the Fall 5% Challenge begins, I commit to follow the requirements of the challenge and lose 5% of my current weight (9.5 lbs). I will accomplish this weight loss by the following:
- I will eat 1200-1550 calories daily of whole foods**
- I will post my nutrition and fitness on the trackers daily*
- I will walk, bike, or do heavy gardening 5 days a week
- I will post blogs or messages on SparkPeople daily*
- I will drink 8 glasses of water
- I will write positive affirmations and read them daily
* by daily I mean almost every day
** by whole food I mean food that has not been processed
Live life to the fullest
-by keeping my body healthy through diet and exercise
-by keeping my mind healthy by studying Spanish, socializing with friends, new and old, and traveling near and far.
With my healthy body and mind, I will
- enjoy activities with my family and friends
- bicycle and walk near my home
- sail, snorkel, and explore the Sea of Cortez on our sailboat in the winter of 2012
- study books and the internet to find activities and techniques to improve my sometimes negative attitude
To ensure that my body is healthy, I will
- eat 1200 to 1500 calories a day and journal the food I eat on my Spark Nutrition tracker
- exercise most days for at least 60 minutes and log the exercise I do on the Spark Fitness tracker
- lose 40 pounds as soon as my diet and exercise goals allow
For inspiration I will join the SparkPeople 2011 Fall 5% Challenge
For recipes, calorie levels, and more inspiration, I will read and post in SparkPeople. I will also follow the suggestions in Miles and Mea Hassell's book, Good Food Great Medicine.
In general, I am focusing on being healthy and making sure that I do everything I can to be healthy as I grow older.
I would like to be slim and trim, but I am more interested in being able to walk long distances, ride my bike, continue to sail and live aboard our sailboat. I do not want to limit my future because I do not take care of my body and mind.
My name is Merry and I am from the Tri-Cities in Washington State. I am married to a wonderful supportive man and have a very unique grown-up daughter. I am close with my two brothers and sister-in-law and lots of cousins and friends. I am retired from work as an editor/writer.
I consider myself to be a very fortunate person. I am generally happy, healthy, interested in more things than I have time to do.
I love to read, keep in contact with folks on Facebook, organize social activities, and ride my TourEasy recumbent bicycle with my husband and friends. I like to cook and consider nutrition a hobby.
I have too many things to do to let myself be depressed about being overweight.
This user doesn't have any links to SparkFriends.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 4.0