Family Picture. Thanksgiving 2013.
Deanna and Kaylan November 2012
GETTINGSERIOUS is a SparkPeople Motivator!
Hi! My name is Phil. I am married and have two teenage daughters.On March 7, 2006 I made the decision to get focused on taking care of my health. My initial goal is 190 lbs. When I reach it I will decide if I need to lose more. I know that I could not have gotten this far without strength and support from my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and the love and support of my wonderful family.
On June 29th, 2007,I reached my goal. I am now striving to "stay focused" at maintaining my goal weight and living a healthy lifestyle. The LORD has brought me to far to ever go back to old bad habits.
The most important lesson I learned is to "not give up." Endurance was the key. When I fell, I kept getting up. It is worth it.
Today, I weighed in at 238. Yes, I have regained a lot of my weight back. I kept compromising and compromising, here and there and now I have undone a lot of my progress. I have been hiding it and now it is time to come clean. I was embarrassed.
I am changing my tracker to show my true weight. From now on, I will always adjust it according to my TRUE weight at least once a week. I will also post a new profile picture in the next couple of days and also post new pictures whenever I lose another 10 pounds.
The good news is I am turning things around before I regain all of my weight back and more. I know how to live healthy and lose weight, so with prayer, and GOD's strength and grace I can reach my goals again. Thanks for listening.
I want be able to enjoy life. Live a healthy life with a healthy body.
To cut back on the amount of food I eat and to eat healthy foods. To exercise 3 to 5 times each week.
I live in Virginia with my wife and two adult daughters.
Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.
Secrets of Success
| current weight: 276.0
oh oh...I posted and saved but I don't see my comment! I know this is a big decision for you. I'll keep you in prayer regarding the surgery.
909 days ago
Hi Phil...how have you been doing these days? I hope you and your family are doing well. talk to you soon
946 days ago
Hi PHIL, Just popping through to offer you some quotes to encourage you on your health and weightloss journey. As one of the co-leaders of Hopeful Hearts Breaking Free from Hurts Team I have added you as a friend so if you haven't already done so please add me back, along with the other co-leaders of Hopeful Hearts Team so we can keep track of each other and follow each others progress.
There is a lot happening in the team threads and forums so pop in for a visit and spend some time in the chat rooms. We are also currently calling on new recruits for the February hare / turtle weightloss challenge - see my latest blog for further details and instructions on how to enter - hope to see you there!
- Ask and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock and the door will be opened for you. –Jesus (Matthew 7:7)
- Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. –Charles Swindoll
- If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced. –Vincent Van Gogh
- The battles that count aren’t the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself–the invisible battles inside all of us–that’s where it’s at. –Jesse Owens
- If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten. –Tony Robbins
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. –Mark Twain
- If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. –Booker T. Washington
- The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain
- I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. -Jesus (John 14:6)
977 days ago
tHANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME OUT TO READ AND COMMENT ON MY BLOG TODAY. I WISH YOU THE BEST OF BLESSINGS THIS YEAR HAS TO OFFER YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
999 days ago
Thank you for reading my blog, 2014.
I love that! The timing of the story with you reading my blog is priceless. The tape was just a symbol of my desire not to talk before I have PRAYED IT THROUGH. It would take a few minutes to remove the tape and that would give me time to think of what I was going to say! lol I surprised her, too! and she was under conviction.
I was so surprised that I spoke out of shock.
You said: One was hurtful, one was speaking the truth in love and the other was choosing not to say anything.
I'm normally laid back and think way before I speak.
Next time, I will be prayed up and maybe then the words will be a little softer. Or if she 'heard me' maybe there won't be a NEXT TIME~
1003 days ago