I borrowed this from a friend because I ABSOLUTELY LOOOOOOOVE IT!
I am MORE than a number on the scale!
I have 20 pics in my gallery
New Chapter, New Life, New Me...
I've been a member of SparkPeople for some time now. Last year I did really well and lost about twenty-three pounds. I've managed to gain that weight back (with surprisingly little effort, nonetheless!) So, I decided it was time for a change, time for me to close the book on that time and start writing a new chapter. And, that brings me here...to writing this, to restarting the SP program, back to square one where it will all begin...again. I don't come empty-handed, though, as I did ...
I've been a member of SparkPeople for some time now. Last year I did really well and lost about twenty-three pounds. I've managed to gain that weight back (with surprisingly little effort, nonetheless!) So, I decided it was time for a change, time for me to close the book on that time and start writing a new chapter. And, that brings me here...to writing this, to restarting the SP program, back to square one where it will all begin...again. I don't come empty-handed, though, as I did before. I come armed with all that SparkPeople has to offer. And, it has a lot to offer if YOU just let it! I'm beginning to understand the concept of "we are our own worst enemies," that's for sure!
Simply Me ©2011
By: Christy Votaw
I donít wear high heels
and very seldom a dress.
I hardly ever wear makeup,
and my hairís usually a mess.
I donít follow the latest fashions.
I couldnít even tell you what they are.
I wear something betterÖ
strength, confidence, and smarts.
Iím not a prissy type,
Iím not really a ďgirlyĒ girl,
But I can promise you this:
Thereís no one like me in the world!
I donít wear a size zero,
but I fit into my own skin.
I am the kind of amazing
that can only come from within.
Iím not a Hollywood diva
or a stunning beauty queen.
I am something more beautifulÖ
I am simply ME.
I found this on a fellow Sparkers Sparkpage, and I thought it was totally awesome, so I wanted to include it here.
TEN COMMANDMENT FOR PERMANENT FAT REMOVAL
1. Thou shalt honor and believe in thy self.
2. Thou shalt move thy booty, move it and move it some more.
3. Thou shalt never go hungry again. Eat small meals and healthy snacks daily.
4. Thou shalt stock thy fridge with the right stuff. Fruits and veggies of the earth.
5. Thou shalt honestly write it down. If you bite it you must write it.
6. Thou shalt measure and weigh - thyself and thy food.
7. Thou shalt drink enough water to frighten Noah and map out all of the restrooms in the village.
8. Thou shalt not deny thyself a treat or two now and then.
9. Thou shalt not eat out of misery, boredom, anxiety... but should thou indulge, forgive thyself.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's plate.
| Pounds lost: 10.0
Interact with FOXYFOTOGRAPHER
Member Since: 5/12/2009
Fitness Minutes: 7,296
1) Lose 50 pounds (from 190 lbs. to 140 lbs.)
2) Wear a size 12 blue jeans (while looking AND feeling good doing it!)
3) Participate in a 5K
4) Engage family members in at least one physical activity per week to instill healthy habits into my children
5) Write a book (any ideas?)
1) Drink at least 64 ounces of water everyday
2) At least 30 minutes of cardio exercise four times per week
3) At least 15 minutes of strength training three times per week
4) Weigh-in daily
5) Record body measurements at least one time per month
6) Blog or journal at least one time per day
*Wife to George
*Mother to Kane (15), Katlynn (10), Abigail (7), and Brianna (7)
*Freelance Photographer Owner of Memory Inspired Photography
*Baptist (and, we all know how Baptists like to eat! LOL!)
"Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time."~~Mark Twain
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"~~Albert Einstein
"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing--that's why we recommend it daily."~~Zig Ziglar