last zip line of the course, Roatan, Honduras 2008
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
I am a wife, a mother of two children ages 13 and 10, a former elementary school teacher, and a group fitness instructor. I'm coming up on my 10th anniversary of teaching group fitness classes. I currently teach Body Step, Body Pump, and Body Jam.
I started back into running February 2011 and since then have run 2 half marathons, 2 full marathons, and several 5 and 10k races. My last marathon in February 2912, Myrtle Beach Marathon, qualified me for Boston which was my long term goal. I ran Boston in 1995 as my first and only marathon, and did so as a charity fundraiser. It was one of my favorite memories, but I've always had a secret dream to qualify for it and run it that way. My Myrtle Beach Marathon time was 3:39:37 which qualified me with 5:23 to spare! I won't find out until September whether or not I get in, since Boston fills up according to fastest times first, but I can say I was a "Boston Qualifier" at least!
I yo-yo with my weight, usually having an extra 10 pounds on me in the winter. This winter was the first one in several that I did not gain anything due to marathon training. Unfortunately that gain came late this spring following a running injury and a 3 week trip to Europe. I'm currently working on getting the weight back off, but it's harder each year.
Area 13.1 Roswell, GA 8/18/12
Chicago Marathon 10/7/12
Savannah Rock N' Roll Marathon OR Half Marathon 11/3/12 (Depending on how Chicago goes)
Boston April 2013???????? ( I find out in September!)
1. Get more sleep!!!
2. Drink more water.
3. Eat the right amounts of carbs, proteins, etc. for my lifestyle.
4. Stop eating late at night!
5. Lose the belly fat!!!
6. Plan out my meals AHEAD of time.
7. Lose 10 pounds and define my abs.
1. Weight lifting class 3x a week, with changeable plated barbell, cardio dance class 2x a week, step class 1x a week, boot camp training class 1x a week, cardio machines an additional 4 hours a week
2. Eating 1200-1500 calories a day.
3. Getting 7 hrs of sleep a night minimum
4. Drinking 9-16 cups of water a day, depending on workouts
5. Cut all sodas, and limit wine to a small glass a few times a week
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 112.0