Riding The Sky Wheel in Odaiba, Tokyo, Japan.
Standing in front of the John Lennon Museum (built by Yoko Ono) in Saitama, Japan.
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
Just setting goals to get back in shape after a decade of being a size 14-16. I don't expect to return to a size 8, but 10 would be nice... I hate being the big american girl in tokyo. I don't like whining about it, and it hasn't been overly important until now - just ready for a change.
I wrote that one year ago. In 2009, I had a lot of fun, did a lot of travel, but also had a few minor injuries and am 10 pounds heavier now. Want to recommit to the same goals - walk every day, work out, mix it up, get fit, lose weight.
Now we are another year gone, and neither my weight nor my goals have changed. 2010 saw my income cut by half, but I am working more again and catching up. Yay!
I like art, movies, music, being creative, japan, travel, language study (third-year student of japanese), dancing, animals, alternative culture, and coffee. My spare time is spent reading, writing, drawing, watching DVDs or TV with the hubby and my cats, surfing the net, taking quizzes, doing tarot, numerology, listening to and collecting music (J-Rock, alt-rock, indie rock, goth, metal, old punk/hardcore, golden oldies, middle eastern/bellydance, and a small mix of jazz, blues, classic country, r&b, trip-hop, industrial, ambient, etc.), going to museums, swimming in the summer, walking my friends' dogs, shopping, eating out, seeing live music, going to movies (comedy, documentary, sci-fi, fantasy, foreign, indie, etc.)
1. Be healthy - feel great, be able to do anything, live long.
2. Be strong - make the most of each day, feel capable and energized, succeed in work and play.
3. Be creative - a little goes a long way... Need to be writing, painting, and making things happen in my career(s).
4. Be accomplished - Feel good about what I am doing in life, make the connections I need to make, finish the projects which I start!
5. Be happy - my life is filled with abundance, prosperity, grace, beauty, love, joy, creativity, travel, success, friendship, blessings, and unexpected happy surprises.
Walking, Pilates, Yoga, Wii Fit, Mat Exercises, Strength training. Recreational swimming, dancing, and play.
(steps for 2011)
- Fifth-year Japanese student
-Travel Plans HOPEfully include Morocco, Vancouver BC, family in MD...
- Revamping novel, non-fic book, and actively writing short stories
- Entering writing contests, submitting proposals to publishers...
- Cleaning home and re-organizing spare room into usable art studio
- Save money for a new car
- Get more regular with swimming (at least 1 x week)
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 219.0
Welcome to Team Zombie! Glad to have you with us. Come on over and introduce yourself to the group.
1976 days ago
I'm not in a class, just learning all I can from the net. (Could be bad or good, we'll see!) Right now I haven't completely learned hiragana (I literally just started a few days ago) or even touched katakana so I'm probably going to wait until I've done that to get in kanji territory. (Or should I be learning kanji before katakana?)
That JLPT kanji study site looks amazing! I'm definitely favoriting it. :)
P.S. I'm jealous of your pic with Tatsurou. =P Are you still in Tokyo or no?
1977 days ago
It's May now... maybe real spring will be here!! Woo HOO!! Have a great weekend!!
1977 days ago
Oh my gosh, thank you so much for the tiara SparkGoodie and the thoughtful compliment!
1990 days ago
Going to the gym tomorrow if you want to join : ) prob be done before noon
2002 days ago