Me close to the way I look now. A flattering picture… with lot's of habits to change!
Me now… 165ish. So unfit and unhappy! A pretty picture with big change in store I hope :)
A favorite picture of me a few years ago at about 123. THIS is goal.
DI136229 is a SparkPeople Motivator!
My names Diana, I'm 32, and at certain times in my life I've had it completely together... and other times completely NOT.
A little something about me is I am such an all or nothing perfectionist. I've had really great fitness success on this site before... But left to my own devices I'm either CRUSHING the fitness band wagon, or I am WAAAAY off the trail… eating a scone daily and wishing I'd never gotten off… wondering how I'll EVER get back on. That's where I am right now.
I had a little epiphany today while getting a latte and thinking how much I wanted a 600 calorie scone! That yes the scone was a sacrifice, but so was eating it, because I was sacrificing one thing or the other. That scone… or my health.
Because I've had such great results here before, I thought I'd see if the support of Sparks could help again! So much has changed since my previous sparks relationship.
• First I was a 24 year old wife working a job i didn't wanna be in while putting my husband through school and I finally found fitness balance there... getting into Good Housekeeping magazine for weight loss success, running 5K's, and completing a triathlon thinking I had it all figured out.
• Then I was a 28 year old student dealing with moving out of my home state TX to Utah and going back to college myself... and struggling with weird hours, exhaustion... and yo-yoing up and down.
~ In February I was a college grad working as a graphic designer... Almost to my goal weight with my entire identity wrapped up in my carrier, drawing for a living... and had a minor identity chrisis that I medicated with food when I broke my dominant wrist badly skiing and had to learn to design with my left hand (which I did but not without some serious emotional struggles along the way). I had a phenomenal backslide... Apparently unable to handle healthy eating and work stress at the same time. A skill that I've got to learn.
• Now I'm a 32 year old girl, with 2 goods wrists, working as a graphic designer and happy with my career, but OH SO SAD about my fitness.
With every life change… there's been a struggle to get on my fitness feet. At this point I am frustrated with myself for not sticking with the program and just wondering if I can muster the energy to conquer this one more time! I used to have great friends on Sparks... and I'm really hoping that will happen again!
• Jog a 5k again without walking
• Jog a 10k by my 33rd birthday in January
• Feel fit, healthy, happy & strong
• Hopefully get to 125 in a steady, healthy, NOT all or nothing way that I can live with forever :)
• Jogging the C25K program
• Yoga in-between jogging to hopefully prevent knee issues! (why do I feel so decrepit!)
• Aiming for an average of 1500 cal per day… less than that and I'm completely obnoxious to be around :). Poor husband.
I'm from Texas but now live in Utah… which used to feel like I was misplaced but now… feel's more like home than anywhere else.
I'm a graphic designer. I used to design home decor for stores like Target, Bad Bath & Beyond, and other big name stores, but now… I work in advertising design.. like logo's, packaging, you name it!
I'm married… for almost 10 years, I can't even believe it! No kids yet but, maybe soon. I'd like to get healthy for me now, and future me who is hopefully a good example for anyone looking up to me.
"Here's to us. Here's to ORDERING A SALAD when you really want a burger. To looking like a complete goober in Cardio HIP HOP class. To drinking more WATER than seems humanly possible. To going five more minutes on the elliptical. To saying "SCREW YOU" to the old. TO FALLING IN LOVE WITH THE YOU WHO YOU WANT TO BECOME. To looking in the mirror and not seeing any change, throwing on your running shoes and working out ANYWAY. To looking in the mirror and seeing MAJOR CHANGE. Here's to CARROTS and shin splints, and sweaty t-shirts, and perseverance, and sore muscles, and stinky socks, and 7AM, and spin class, and FALLING DOWN, AND GETTING BACK UP, and bottled water. Here's to getting up every day and DOING IT ALL OVER AGAIN.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 168.7