My new puppy, Pierre! He's a Malti-Poo, I love saying that!
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
Dream BIG, Work HARD!- my personal mantra
My name is Diana and I am an 8th grade science teacher. I have gained 90 lbs since I got married 5 years ago and am ready to finally commit to living a healthy lifestyle. Not only do I miss being the hottest wife, but I am also hoping to get pregnant within the next year.
Since I am eager to lose weight (and not very patient) I have tried to add something new to my routine every couple of weeks. Here's a list of how my program has progressed:
1. Started working out. Mainly classes at they gym (spinning and kickboxing and Turbo Jam.
2. Started eating out less.
3. Started tracking what I eat most of the time. Usually after I'd already eaten it and checking the nutritional information of more food.
4. Started tracking sodium and started trying to stay within my daily limit of 2,3oo mg.
5. Started drinking green tea.
6. Got a heart rate monitor and worked out in my target weight burning heart rate during cardio.
7. Started strength training 2-3x a time.
8. Tried a variety of classes: step, step+sculpt, bodyworks, Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, pilates, and yoga.
9. Started making very specific monthly and weekly goals.
10. Read The Super Foods Rx Diet and have incorporated eating more super foods into my diet, Soup and Salad Monday, Vegetarian Wednesday and a Super Nutrition Booster Daily.
11. Started planning meals the day before and inputting them into Spark People to ensure calories, fat, protein, and sodium are in my recommended limits.
12. Decided I am a runner and have taken to the treadmill (with hubby :))
13. Listen to my body and take rest days. Overtraining leads to soreness, crankiness, and weight gain (in my case).
14. Get a workout buddy...mine is Nydia07.
Weekly Updates: (height 5'4.5")
12/14/08: 210 lbs (spark starting weight)
12/21/08: 206 (-4)
1/04/09: 201 (-5)
1/11/09: 204 (+3)
1/18/09: 199 (-5)
1/25/09: 199 (0*)
January Total: 7 lbs lost
2/01/09: 196 (-3)
2/08/09: 194 (-2)
2/15/09: 192 (-2)
2/22/09: 191 (-1)
February Total: 8 lbs lost
3/01/09: 190 (-1)
3/08/09: 188 (-2)
3/15/09: 187 (-1)
3/22/09: 188 (+1)
3/29/09: 184 (-4)
March Total: 7 lbs lost
4/04/09: 184 (0)
4/1209: 184 (0)
4/18/09: 183 (-1)
4/25/09: 183 (0)
April Total: 1 lb lost
HW: 224----------38.5 (obese)
SpSW: 210--------36.1 (obese)
GW: 135-----------23.2 (healthy)
1/04/09: 201------34.6 (obese)
2/01/09: 196------33.7 (obese)
3/01/09: 190------32.7 (obese)
SP 10% Solution
1st 10%: 189 lbs- Achieved 3/04/09
2nd 10%: 170 lbs
3rd 10%: 153 lbs
4th 10%: 138 lbs
10 lbs: new purse (1/18/09)
20 lbs: new workout outfit (3/01/09)
30 lbs: hot high heels
40 lbs: start trying to get
50 lbs: laser hair removal
60 lbs: new wardrobe
70 lbs: trip to Las Vegas
12 weeks with Spark(3/07/09)- Nike+iPod Sport Kit
18 weeks with Spark(4/18/09)-new iPod nano
1. Eating between 1200-1550 calories a day and calorie cycling.
3. Incorporating Super Foods into my diet as much as possible.
2. Cardio 5-6x a week.
3. Stength Training at least 3x a week.
4. Drinking at least 3 cups of green tea a day.
*I mix up my cardio and strength training and it ranges from elliptical, treadmill, step classes, cycling, yoga, pilates, Turbo Jam, Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, and so on...
I was born in Mexico, but grew up in Michigan. My husband and I have now lived in Phoenix, AZ for the past 3 years.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 214.0
Just stopping in to say Hi! Looks like you haven't been with us for awhile. If you've reached your healthy lifestyle goals, congratulations! If not, come back to the SparkARIZONA team and share your lifestyle journey with us!
1806 days ago
Hey Sister!! I miss you & love you :-) I will start tracking my food again & hopefully that will make a difference (not gonna lie, kinda doubtful). Also, I couldn't find where on here it gives you a suggested calorie range....help?
2564 days ago
I love soda too, i drink about a six pack of pepsi a day, but am happy to tell you that I have not had a pepsi in four days, this morning I did take a swallow of mountain dew for my Advil this moring, but that has been it!!! It is a struggle, especially if you really love soda like we do.....but it's also worth the effort.
I am feeling that exercising in the morning is giving me more energy thru the day, and I crash too, but again, that is part of the process I guess....I am going to get used to it....just one day at a time for sure, and by taking it one day at a time, I think the small steps are the best way.....you take to much on at one time, then you fall faster.....i am watching what i eat, and trying to workout at least 20 to 30 minutes a day....not many more changes....once I develope the habit and it's more sound, I will add another facet to lose weight, like weight training or something along that nature......I am sure that you have diet / life style changes experience from the past....so you can relate, but it didn't take overnight to gain it, so it won't take overnight to lose it.
Have a great night and I will talk with you later!!!
SICK OF BEING THICK (have to get that in my head)
2569 days ago
I am glad about that, I say what is on my mind and that isn't the best way to go.......I try to curb it, but it doesn't always work.....I am enjoying our partnershp for losing weight, but I am running late for work, and didn't want to go without writing you a few lines!!!! I will be on tonight and I will try to write more!!!!
Ciao for Now
2572 days ago
I have to say that I think it's unfair of your husband not to let you have a Wii, especially since he is such a gamer, but that I guess that is really none of my business, just my opionion, sorry if I over-stepped.....I guess I had the same problem, I was expecting a bonus last year, and I told my husband that I wanted a Wii and he said, "we'll see"........WTF??? I told him I wasn't asking him, I was telling him.....but I am not suggesting that for you, but that took me two years to get to that point, so I have no room talking I guess.
Maybe you could utilize the computer, when I was checking out Just Dance, I was looking at YouTube and they had quite a few of the songs and dances in full.....what do you think of that idea?
Are you also a Biggest Loser fan?? I love that show, I think I have missed one show in 8 seasons, and that was due to a power outtage....I freaking love that show, I am for Bob's team, Jillian is too mean to me, but again just my opinion.....am I losing you??? Because I am so opinionated???? Sorry, you can tell me to back off or just shut up.....I can take a hit!! :)
Having a really good day today, I did have a small handful of chocolate covered raisens, not even a full hand and I have had one pepsi, actually half of one for dinner, by this time I would have had four or five.....so a good day all the way around.
Hope I didn't offend or chase you away.......hope to hear from you soon!!!
2573 days ago