I have been tring to get fit and in shape for awhile.
I realized I needed to have moral and emotional support for the task at hand.
Some people are carbon copies. Others make their own impression.
- Church billboard in Arizona
How do you show your individuality?
Voices screaming for originality surround us in today's culture. Problem is, most originality is happening just on the surface level, and is usually not original at all. People are so "original" now that tattoos--once symbols of rebellion and individual freedom--are now a tool of conformity. Sometimes, you can adopt someone else's value system without knowing it. When that happens, you dilute the one thing you have complete control over: your unique self. People who are truly individuals are ones who are true to themselves. They are self-made people, not composites of borrowed personalities and values. They created their own value system and gain strength by living within that system. These are the people who do more than shock; they leave long-lasting impressions.
,.:*''*:., In Loving Memory of Jake,.:*''*:.,
............... 07/10/08-12/21/08 ................
Tips for a Better Life in 2009 (shared by a fellow sparkie) too cool too pass up
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement,
'My purpose is to __________ today.'
5. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2008.
7. Make time to practice meditation and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of six.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants. Eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, or issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep t he NEGATIVE BLUES away.
18. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'in five years, will this matter?' If not, then dont frett.
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. REMEMBER GOD heals everything.
28. However good or bad a situation is, it will change
29. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
30. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
31. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
32. The best is yet to come.
33. Do the right thing!
34. Call your family often. (Or email them to death!!!)
35. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.
36. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
37. Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it. You want to be able to say "That was one hellava ride"
to be in a size 6 by next thanksgiving
changing eating habits to smaller portions and weighing out portions,
60 minutes of yoga daily
great lakes region
i love dragonflies, turtles, frogs, bears and buffalo and big cats.
and my husband too
| current weight: 165.0