Cheesing at Work
December 2009 at office Christmas party
My vision collage!
I have 4 pics in my gallery
The Journey Continues
2010 was supposed to be my "I Did It" Year. Although I did not come near the weight loss goal that I had established for myself in the beginning, I did start building a foundation for a healthier me. I was faced with several new changes this year, both good and not-so-good - a wonderful new baby, being diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, seeing my beloved grandma suffer the devastating effects of dementia. Each of these have made me a stronger person who realizes that life is going to ...
2010 was supposed to be my "I Did It" Year. Although I did not come near the weight loss goal that I had established for myself in the beginning, I did start building a foundation for a healthier me. I was faced with several new changes this year, both good and not-so-good - a wonderful new baby, being diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, seeing my beloved grandma suffer the devastating effects of dementia. Each of these have made me a stronger person who realizes that life is going to happen...it never slows down or pauses for you to accomplish those goals you have set for yourself. You have to accept those changes and challenges in your life and strive to find balance so that you can continue to press on toward your personal goals.
I look at my beautiful little boy and his amazement at the simplest things about which we, as adults, would not think twice. I want to have that feeling about everything in life. We should never take anything in life for granted, because there is no guarantee for tomorrow.
LIVE your life everyday;
LAUGH when your plans don't go accordingly; and
LOVE those around you with all your heart!
2013 - I'm Back!!
I started using another fitness tracker for a while, but there's just not a website comparable to SparkPeople. With the addition of the food scanner on the mobile app, I decided to come back and give this another whirl. My 15th year high school reunion is May 18th, so I want to look my best, and I know SparkPeople can help me get there!
| Pounds lost: 1.2
Member Since: 9/8/2006
Fitness Minutes: 3,945
1) Become a confident woman who sees herself as beautiful and deserving of great things.
2) Be an inspiration to others.
3) Respect my body by providing it nourishing foods and being active.
4) Rely on faith to bring me through the difficult times and shine brightly through the great times.
5) Make wise financial decisions so that my family will flourish.
6) Love myself as much as I do my family and friends.
1. Be active for at least 30 minutes on 5 days of the week.
2. Plan meals for each week so we are not standing in the kitchen at 6:15 wondering what to eat.
3. Drink 10 glasses of water a day.
4. Take time once a week to blog about at least 3 things from the week that make you feel good about yourself.
5. Post encouraging words on a SparkPeople message board and/or member blog at least 3 times a week.
6. Limit processed and packaged foods to no more than 2 servings a day.
7. Eat 5 servings of fruits / veggies per day.
8. Run/walk/jog on elliptical/treadmill/outside at least 500 miles this year!
9. If short on time, quick track on SparkPeople for food and use fitness tracker for mileage.
10. Spend 10 minutes a day reading the Bible.
"For I know the plans I have for YOU, " declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing, it's when you've had everything to do and you've done it!"
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain
A real transformation begins on the inside, not in a bottle or a package. The magic is sitting inside you, just waiting to be let out. The transformation is a learning process, one that comes from realizing you control your destiny, and that you can accomplish whatever you decide you're going to accomplish.