Cheesing at Work
December 2009 at office Christmas party
My vision collage!
Shared Fitness Tracker
2010 was supposed to be my "I Did It" Year. Although I did not come near the weight loss goal that I had established for myself in the beginning, I did start building a foundation for a healthier me. I was faced with several new changes this year, both good and not-so-good - a wonderful new baby, being diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, seeing my beloved grandma suffer the devastating effects of dementia. Each of these have made me a stronger person who realizes that life is going to happen...it never slows down or pauses for you to accomplish those goals you have set for yourself. You have to accept those changes and challenges in your life and strive to find balance so that you can continue to press on toward your personal goals.
I look at my beautiful little boy and his amazement at the simplest things about which we, as adults, would not think twice. I want to have that feeling about everything in life. We should never take anything in life for granted, because there is no guarantee for tomorrow.
LIVE your life everyday;
LAUGH when your plans don't go accordingly; and
LOVE those around you with all your heart!
2013 - I'm Back!!
I started using another fitness tracker for a while, but there's just not a website comparable to SparkPeople. With the addition of the food scanner on the mobile app, I decided to come back and give this another whirl. My 15th year high school reunion is May 18th, so I want to look my best, and I know SparkPeople can help me get there!
1) Become a confident woman who sees herself as beautiful and deserving of great things.
2) Be an inspiration to others.
3) Respect my body by providing it nourishing foods and being active.
4) Rely on faith to bring me through the difficult times and shine brightly through the great times.
5) Make wise financial decisions so that my family will flourish.
6) Love myself as much as I do my family and friends.
1. Be active for at least 30 minutes on 5 days of the week.
2. Plan meals for each week so we are not standing in the kitchen at 6:15 wondering what to eat.
3. Drink 10 glasses of water a day.
4. Take time once a week to blog about at least 3 things from the week that make you feel good about yourself.
5. Post encouraging words on a SparkPeople message board and/or member blog at least 3 times a week.
6. Limit processed and packaged foods to no more than 2 servings a day.
7. Eat 5 servings of fruits / veggies per day.
8. Run/walk/jog on elliptical/treadmill/outside at least 500 miles this year!
9. If short on time, quick track on SparkPeople for food and use fitness tracker for mileage.
10. Spend 10 minutes a day reading the Bible.
"For I know the plans I have for YOU, " declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing, it's when you've had everything to do and you've done it!"
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain
A real transformation begins on the inside, not in a bottle or a package. The magic is sitting inside you, just waiting to be let out. The transformation is a learning process, one that comes from realizing you control your destiny, and that you can accomplish whatever you decide you're going to accomplish.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 0.0
Welcome to Living Binge Free, where we concentrate on learning to feed ourselves moderately while also learning to manage our urges by accepting them without giving in, and developing the habit of eating more meals with less of the foods that are most likely to spur overeating. We begin to understand that the urges are just old memories of previous overeating that will fade if we just don't reinforce them by eating right then, and we wait for a good meal later. Consistent good meals are our companion weapon to waiting to eat and new thinking. Our most solid thread, the 21-day Streak, functions as a chat thread and we have a warm core of posters who welcome all. A few of us have been there for seven years! Most long termers have pretty much won the battle but stay to share hope and comfort.
You have the brain and body to beat this problem. Let us help you keep at it until peaceful eating is your default, which might take longer than you want. But the time will pass anyway, so you might as well keep practicing!
BTW, your friend feed is set to private. Wanted to give you a thumbs up on reflecting on life. Just not with a bag of potato chips.
41 days ago
Comment edited on: 3/17/2017 7:40:15 AM
Welcome back! Let's do this!
41 days ago
Welcome back to Spark People. I rejoined Spark after a very challenging year and have found the site very informative and motivating. I hope you'll find the support you need on this site. There are many great teams that support a variety of interests, from State teams to Weight Loss Challenge Teams. Each can provide helpful avenue that can assist in helping you meet your goals.
Best of luck in your weight loss journey!
41 days ago
Hi There. I read your chat, please read the blog on my page. It tells my story...Much success! You can SO do this!
327 days ago
Just wanted to stop by and say hi to a beautiful woman! Have a fabulous weekend!!
2253 days ago