It's extremely common to hit a plateau at some point during your weight loss journey. Obviously it can be really discouraging when the number on the scale doesn't move. There is good news â€” We've got some tips to help bust through that plateau and see the number get lower and lower.
1) We need to re-evaluate our caloric needs - as we lose weight, our bodies tend to burn fewer calories at a slower rate, therefore we need to consume fewer calories. You will either need to burn more calories or consume at least 500 less calories per day
2) Getting Back to Basics: Writing down everything we eat in a food journal to make sure we are still on track. Remember portion control is just one key to permanent weight loss.
3) Moving More: Are you still trying to get in those extra movements like you did when you first started losing weight. Once we obtain our weight loss goal, we sometimes slack off on the exercise a bit. And just go to the gym or use our home equipment and forget to park out a little from the grocery store or maybe walk to it if it is close enough.
4) Choosing Fresh Foods over Pre-Packaged: fresh over processed is always best. You know what your putting into your body.
5) Getting in Your Daily Water: Yes that still counts. Make sure you didn't slip back into your old latte' ways and now your adding extra calories by drinking them in. Water is still the best way to go. You can still change things up by adding fresh fruit to the mix.
6) Stress: Stress is always a factor in weight loss and weight gain. It can go either way. So make sure you take some time out for you. Even if it's just a few minutes in the bathroom to relax in the tub. Just lock out the world and do you...You deserve it!
Today, try to make a rule for yourself that you can only watch TV if you're moving! How about hitting the treadmill while your watching your favorite T.V. shows, or do crunches, lunges or other exercises to get your blood pumping. You can even exercise while cooking, waiting on the wash to get done, by doing leg lifts, squats or chair exercises. At the end of the day, check in on your teams challenge or wall post and let us know how it went! 78 days ago
Hey Cheryle! Hope you had a nice day!!! I was losing weight pretty fast by going on that "Dash" diet. The problem is that as soon as I ate a few things that weren't on the diet I gained back most of the weight. Losing slow is the best way to go,it stays off longer. Sorry to hear that work is so bad,it really is hard when it is an unhappy environment. In a couple months summer will be here and then can you apply for a different position for the fall? 103 days ago