My Dear Hubby Eldon
In our front yard. A beginning picture. Dressed for church. 250 lbs.
I'm behind our Red head leader on left. Pastor is on right wall looking at our surprise shirts!
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
Hi! I'm a 57 yo Granny to 7 children.
I went to California State University Chico and followed the BA up with Student Teaching just to end up with Fibromyalgia. That was in the early 90s.
My health quickly went downhill and when I took my dearest granddaughter to the doctor with me, when she was 2, my doctor was so excited he bought the nurse and other clinic doctors in and told them, "Look at this little girl. If she had not been born this woman would have been dead by now!" I was totally unaware that I was so sick he thought I was dying.
When my daughter was pregnant, I had to go for walks with her. She wouldn't push me in a wheel chair either! We'd go "window shopping" at Wal-Mart and a large Safeway store in the middle of the night. By the time Angel was born, I was able to walk around the store much more easily. When she was born, no one could burp her but me. At that time I could barely lift a gallon of milk. As she grew, I grew stronger. I am alive today because she was born!
In recent years to add to my Fibro, I've been blessed with Diastolic Heart Failure, and enlarged heart, both high cholesterol and bp, arthritis, asthma, all types of insomnia and more. I just had my gall bladder removed Dec 20, 2007 and am now feeling human for the first time in months.
In March 2008, I could barely talk without pain and breathing problems. I began to go to church and our dear Pastor gave me a challenge. If I could make it to each main service and practice for 3 weeks without missing, I could be on the Praise Team. God has used this to heal me. As of my June aptmt with Cardiologist, my heart is much better. In Aug. it was so much better that planned testing was unneeded. Since May, (or before) I've been on the Praise Team at church and am getting stronger and stronger. I finally have a life again. I'm living to live instead of living to die!
My husband volunteers at the local senior center and we get most of our meals there. He's on the board at church, is head usher, and sound man..
I'm a very social person and Love meeting and talking to people.
If I can help you, send me a spark mail.
I want to lose weight and inturn, this should help my health and give me energy.
To be used of God in any way He wants to use me.
To continue to watch my diet, and eat healthier.
To start getting up and around more. This would begin with being less sedentary and working up to a reasonable exercise routine which would include walks with my husband. Things that I haven't been able to do for some time.
I am located in Marysville, CA. It is in Northern CA about 35 miles north of the Sacramento Region.
my email is Caroline_sPlace@yahoo.com If you write, please: 1.Identify yourself in the subject and 2. Be patient for me to write back. I have a backlogg to catch up.
I don't mean to sound like a complainer. That's just my life. By this time next year, I plan to be a new person inside out!
I have 2 story lists. One for kids, mostly cute pictures (Caroline_sKidslistfirstname.lastname@example.org) and a list for adults. The adult list has many uplifting and inspirational thing go through, and half of it tends to be conservative political articles telling us what is going on in the US and what we can do.
I n 2003, I founded Shopper Meetings Network for Mystery Shoppers. Since I've been ill, it's basically run itself. I hope to get back to it and get some shop talk going and provide a place for schedulers to find reliable shoppers, and of course; for shoppers to have the first wack at new jobs!
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 250.0
Wishing you a rainbow
For sunlight after showersó
Miles and miles of Irish smiles
For golden happy hoursó
Shamrocks at your doorway
For luck and laughter too,
And a host of friends that never ends
Each day your whole life through!
2731 days ago
Hi Caroline, another week has gone just checking to see how your doing. This poem is making fun of the food situation these days. Enjoy and have a great weekend.
Can't eat beef, Mad cow....
Can't eat chicken . bird flu
Can't eat eggs .. Salmonella
Can't eat pork .. fears of trichinosis...
Can't eat fish .. heavy metals in the waters has poisoned their meat
Can't eat fruits and veggies . .insecticides and herbicides
I believe that leaves Chocolate!!!!!!!!
- Author Unknown
Teri1 co-leader Natural Healthy Supplements and Food
2736 days ago
Hi Caroline, just me again dropping by to see how your week went!
40 Tips for a Better Life - 2009
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in sile nce for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today.'
5. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2007.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
5. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Prob lems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. GOD heals almost everything.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your fr iends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often. (Or email them to death!!!) Hey I'm think'n of ya! =)
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
40. Please Forward this to everyone you care about.
May your troubles be less, May your blessings be more, May nothing but happiness come through your door!
Have a great week Teri1 co-leader of Healthy Natural Supplements & Food
2743 days ago
I was just stomping around SP and thought I'd stop by and say HI!
~MrsHoneyC~ Team Leader, SP Class of January 6-12, 2008, aka Honey's Busy Bees!
2750 days ago
Just dropping by to say Hi Caroline! See how your week has been and if there is anything I can do just let me know. Happy Valentines Day.
A special sparkfriend sent this to me and I thought I would share
Why God Made Friends
God made the world with a heart full of love
Then He looked down from Heaven above,
And saw that we all need a helping hand,
Someone to share with, who'll understand.
He made special people to see us through
The glad times and the sad times, too;
A person on whom we can always depend,
Someone we can call a friend.
God made friends so we'll carry a part
Of His perfect love in all our hearts.
Teri1 Co-leader of Natural Healthy Supplements and Food
2750 days ago