Baltimore Segway Aug 2013 while at Otokon convention (with my DH)
Latest Segway tour (10/12), Memphis with Elvis statue in background. Sister Jean is latest convert!
May 2013 - 3 generations. DD Michaela, GD Kaysiana & myself at dance recital
I REFUSE to turn my back and try and act like all is well,
I REFUSE to stay unchanged, to wait another day to die to myself,
I REFUSE to make one more excuse.
It's time for me to follow through and do what I was made to do
... I could choose not to move - But I REFUSE!
â™«â™«â™«â™« some lyrics by Josh Wilson - "I Refuse" â™«â™«â™«â™«
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
3/24/15 - A year wasted. Or rather going backwards. Stamina worse, weight up. Feeling old & used. Need to do SOMETHING, even if no motivation. Joined the Spring 5% Challenge. Any movement would be progress. Hoping to rediscover the team dynamics of a few years ago to jumpstart me. Nice weather wouldn't hurt either. LOL.
5/11/14 - Spring is a brand new start for nature. I'm counting on it too. I want to jumpstart myself. Hopefully as spring is bringing the nice weather, I can get out walking & gardening.
I had a scare of heart attack symptoms, but it turned out as skyhigh blood pressure. Medication now, but I don't know what triggered it. Numbers were fine before. Weight also creeping up. Motivation is sadly lacking. :(
2014 goals -
Reduce, reduce, reduce.... reduce weight, reduce clutter, reduce debt. All easier said than done. :)
I've been married 40 years to the same terrific (and patient) guy. We have 4 young adults (2 boys and 2 girls), as well as three granddaughters (3 yr, 5 yrs & 9 yrs) who I watch full-time.
I am so thankful that I found this website! I have been in a lethargic fog for the past 8 years, and browsing this site literally SPARKED me awake. I am SOOO looking forward to my journey.
There is so much that I've wanted to do (organize and paint, finally straighten out the garden, finish my quilting UFO's, and most of all, get healthy). I feel old, and I'm tired of it. Hopefully, losing weight will help my heels and joints. I want energy, and I can tell already after a month here, this will give me my life back. No more sitting on the sidelines!
+ + + + ++ + ++ + + + + + + + ++ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Bucket list since Sparking - did horseback riding, Segways (thoroughly love), performed with a taiko drumming group, and took underground tour at Disney. Walked my 1st 5k 11/19/11; ran 9/16/12. Want to improve on time.
Add to bucket list - learn Japanese & Hawaiian , learn ukelel & ocarina, shoot a gun, do a zip line, get good with hooping to do tricks, juggle, cosplay at Otokon 2014, and go to Hawaii with my DH.
** DH fighting double cancer (prostate metastasized to bones). Hopefully on God's list is 37 MORE years married to DH.
* get 10 pounds off by the end of the 5% Spring Challenge.
* use this summer to finish painting rooms in house, set up my craft room, & get garden in order.
* always cut out a block of time for myself.
* Pre-pregnancy weight (1978) which really is not unrealistic
* track all food going into this body.
* was sadly lacking in fiber. Now trying to get 25-35 grams/day. And upping protein.
* JUST KEEP MOVING. Pop in a CD and dance around to the whole CD with my granddaughter.
*Gardening burns calories!
*Hooping - bought both GDs their own hoops.
* hope to add kettlebells for quick, intense workup.
* resides in PA.
* have 4 kids (36,35,32,20),
* 3 granddaughters (9 yrs, 5 yrs + 3 yr old) and * 2 dogs (Jake - Westie & Eevee - a rescue stray - Terrier/Pom mix).
* enjoy playing my Nintendo 3DS, anime conventions, and watching anime on animeplus.tv.
2 races in 2011:
- 9/17/11 - Catherine Boulay Fnd 5k walk - 52 min.
- 10/15/11 - WOMEN'S 5K CLASSIC - walk - 50:52
* 2 races in 2012:
-9/16/12 - iRUNpigs 5K : 44:57
-10/13/12: WOMEN'S 5K CLASSIC -run - 46:48
- 10/5/13 - TheColorRun Lehigh Valley
Secrets of Success
|Total SparkPoints: 133,550
|SparkPoints Level 20