Howdy! Well, I have never done a webpage (sparkpage). So, I will start slowly, and see where it goes. Thanks for your patience. :-)
Basically, my sparkpage, like me, is still under construction!
Due to a flukey accident, I severed my peroneal ankle tendon & had reattachment surgery on my left ankle in November '07. I was in bed for two and a half months with my leg elevated above my head and completely non-weight bearing. I was so grateful to be sprung and start physical therapy. It has been a slow journey, but I am getting there. I have been told I won't be able to run again, but I can do so many other things, that I can handle that! :-)
I LOVE Sparkpeople's tools and resources; I am thankful to have found it. It took me a few weeks to start using Sparkpeople, but once I did, I've really tried to be consistent. I look forward to continuing the journey with all of you!
Update: Well, it's now November 2008, and I am much better. I keep active exercising on the treadmill, elliptical, bike, and speed walking. I am not very good at techno stuff, so I am sorry about that. I still value Sparkpeople, particularly the Nutrition and Fitness trackers. Even if I don't see a huge difference on the scale (the endocrinologist & I are working on finding the right thryoid med), I know I am doing the right things! I will continue to press forward! :-) Life is good!
1) Get in shape (but pay attention to limits from surgery).
2) Lose 25+pounds: be fit again.
3) Get hypothyroidism regulated (still working on this).
4) Maintain a steady rhythm of eating healthfully & exercising consistently.
5) Be positive & grateful!
1) Use Sparkpeople's resources to help me follow through on my goals, ie, Nutrition tracker, Fitness tracker, etc..
2) Cardio workout 4 times a week (elliptical, treadmill, bike).
3) Weight & strength training twice a week.
I am from the Minneapolis, Minnesota area. I'm happily married, and we have a terrific 21 year old son. I enjoy spending time with family & friends. I work part time, and I actively volunteer for a few organizations. I'm probably a tad too busy, but I prize giving my time to meaningful activities.
"...To Whom Much is Given, Much is Expected...."
| Pounds lost: 23.0