Penelope 3 months on Feb24 2017
Shared Fitness Tracker
Here is my ever developing strategy from this day forward and through the challenge:
1.Increase my strength sessions to 35 minutes per session, 3x per week. GOAL met - my sessions are 40 min long and I am keeping it there for now(6/28/16)
Still continuing to get to make 2-9 into habits as of 6/28/16
2. Make a point of checking in on my challenge teams on a more regular basis -- at least 3x per week rather than 1 or no time per week.
3 Read and respond to teammates blogs when time permits.
4. Check Friend Feed and respond on a mostly daily basis.
5. Blog at least once a week on how I am progressing.
6. Become more proactive about planning healthy meals -
7. Make a copy of these strategies and goals so that I can:
8. Review this set of goals daily.
9. Revise and tweak monthly as necessary throughout 2016.
10. Keep on pushing no matter what!!! as of 6/28/16 - still pushing and getting ever so slowly closer to my healthy weight!!!
Goals revised 1/25/16
My goals are simple:
Exercise consistently and reach a healthy weight.
I am aiming for a variety of exercise including but not limited to walking, Zumba and Zumba for Wii, Yoga,Kettlebells, and lifting weights for strength.
My specific goal is to reach my healthy weight 5 pounds at a time with Tuesday's being my "official" day to track that downward path. Will have other weigh-in days depending on what challenges I am participating in.
For my Challenges :
accumulate at least 400 minutes of exercise activity weekly.
Include a variety of aerobic exercise, balancing exercises daily and strength training striving for no less than 3x per week for no less than 20 min per session.
I live in upstate WNY with my husband of 38 years as of April 2016 :) and our 11 year old Beagle Oliver(the Happy Digger)
I do a lot of volunteering including tutoring Math for grade school and adult learners. I also sometimes take care of other people's dogs and sometimes cats.
We just happily became Grandparents on Thanksgiving Day 2016 to a beautiful little girl named Penelope.
I enjoy doing many things including crossword puzzles,Jumbles, playing word games and just plain strategy games on my DS, Sudoku, reading, working with plastic canvas, crocheting, gardening, walking dogs and just plain learning.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 149.8
SO MANY REASONS
If every morning, You can find a reason to say,
“Yes, it’s going to be a beautiful day.”
And every day, you find a reason to say,
“Yes, it is a beautiful day.”
And every night, you find a reason to say,
“Yes, it was a beautiful day.”
Then one day, You’ll look back and easily say,
“Yes...it was a beautiful life.”
~ ~ Doe Zantamata ~ ~
Have a Beautiful Day
16 days ago
~~ ~~TO MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LEVEL OF INSANITY~~ ~~
1. Specify that your "Drive-in" order is "To Go".
2. In the memo field of all your checks, write "Marijuana."
3. With a very straight face order a "Diet Water" whenever you go out to eat.
4. Sing along at the "Opera."
5. Put mosquito netting around your work area and play tropical sounds all day.
6. When the money comes out the ATM, scream "I Won, I Won."
7. When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot,
yelling "Run for your lives. They're Loose!!"
8 Suck in some helium from a balloon, walk behind someone and say
"Follow the yellow brick road."
9. With a very straight face, tell your children over dinner.
"Due to the economy, we are going To have to let one of you go."
And the final way to keep a healthy level of insanity
10. Pick up a box of condoms at the pharmacy,
go to the counter and ask where the "Fitting Room" is.
Try one of these today and make someone smile
19 days ago
How To Have a Better Day
1. Play with kids.
Even if they are not your own, just kid around kids while they are just being kids.
2. Give someone a compliment.
Not a fake one, but take the time to see something that someone else is doing well.
3. Sing in your car.
And sing as loud as you can. Have you ever noticed how hard it is to frown while you are singing?
4. Watch a movie.
You might like it, and maybe you'll laugh, and maybe you'll cry.
5. Bake your favorite kind of cookies.
Then eat some.
6. Count your blessings.
I mean it. Start a list of all the things you are thankful for.
Write until you can’t write anymore. Staple it to the wall.
7. Watch people.
Go find a crowded public area, sit down and watch. Allow yourself to wonder what he ate for breakfast, or what her name is, or where he bought that shirt.
8. Do something for someone you love.
Do the dishes for your wife, take your niece out for ice cream,
take your mom to Starbucks for a coffee.
It'll make you feel good.
10. Think of the most encouraging person you know and call them.
But don’t complain. Refrain from telling them how bad your day is
and focus on making their day better.
11. Write a letter.
A good old-fashioned paper and ink letter. Bonus: write it to someone who has impacted your life and thank them and let them know how much you appreciate their role/impact in your life.
12. Make new friends.
One of them may be in your life forever.
How can you have a better day?
24 days ago
Your attitude is like a box of crayons that color your world.
Constantly color your picture gray, and your life will always be bleak.
Try adding some bright colors to the picture
by including humor & your picture begins to lighten up.
~Allen Klein ~
"""Add Some Color To Your Life"""
27 days ago
Your smile goodie brightened my day!! Here we go into the last week of the challenge!! Let's get to that finish line together.
28 days ago