Shared Fitness Tracker
Surfing the net one day for weight loss plans, I found SparkPeople early in 2009. On May 30, I signed up and never looked back. It was truly an epiphany. Divine intervention if you will. There was no indecision or struggle and a new passion began. Becoming accountable for my food intake put me on the road to a healthier, more fulfilling life. I love exercise and healthy food and now and am confident this is my new lifestyle. This is a miracle that I thank God for every day!
My husband has joined me on this journey and has already lost 50 lbs. since November, 2009.
***UPDATE: First goal met on September 26, 2009!
***UPDATE: Second goal met on November 19, 2009!
***UPDATE: Third goal met on April 21, 2010!
1. Get the eating/nutrition under control. I'm there!
2. Incorporate more movement into my everyday life.
3. Keep my eyes on the prize: to weigh the same as the day I got married.
1st goal: 225 by 11/15/09
** Achieved on 9/26/2009 - 7 weeks early! **
2nd goal: 215 by 12/20/09
** Achieved on 11/19/2009 - 4 weeks early! **
The following goal has been pushed back a couple of times because the weight loss has slowed. The Christmas/New Year's festivities didn't help either!
3rd goal: 200 by 5/01/10
** Met on 04/21/2010 **
4th goal: 180 by 9/01/11
1. Peruse Spark People and use the Nutrition Tracker daily without fail.
2. Pay close attention to fat, sodium, calcium, cholesterol, protein, and potassium.
3. Eat whole foods as much as possible and processed foods as little as possible.
4. Eat lean beef, pork, chicken, Pacific fish, whole grain breads and pastas. Cage-free organic eggs occasionally.
5. Eat at least 5 or more servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
6. Aim for 25-35 grams of quality fiber daily with fruit, vegetables and whole grains.
7. No fast food except a Chipotle burrito bol (no tortilla or sour cream) or a Taco Bell bean burrito on occasion.
8. Burn a minimum of 2,000 calories per week with walking, resistance bands or stationary cycling.
9. Read articles about proper nutrition and fitness.
10. Drink 8-12 glasses of water daily.
Wife of a very funny guy.
Mother of son with autism.
Conservative, pragmatic but also creative.
Conservatives trust individual people, liberals believe in relinquishing their individual liberty to oppressive government.
| current weight: 200.0