Me and my "Spark" walker. (06/27/09 - 24 pounds lost)
BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE 17 (BLC17)
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
BLABBERMOUTH2 is a SparkPeople Motivator!
(Still not completed...but it's a start...more to come)
Well, it's been over a year and a half since I have been here. To say I fell off the wagon would be an understatement, and I almost chuckled when I typed that. So my journey begins again. This I say with much pride. My hope is that my continuing journey can, in some small way, help others succeed in theirs.
A big thanks and hugs to all of my friends who continued to reach out to me and love me in spite of how far down that hole I had gotten. You know who you are and love you...thanks for helping helping me save myself...I love you all.
MY OPINION OF MYSELF:
I might not be someone's first choice, but I am a great choice.
I may not be rich, but I am valuable.
I don't pretend to be someone I'm not, because I'm good at being me.
I might not be proud of some of the things I've done in the past, but I am proud of who I am today.
I may not be perfect, but I don't need to be.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I walk away!!
THINGS I'VE LEARNED ON MY ON THIS JOURNEY:
1. No matter how far you have fallen into a hole or how many bumps you have hit along the way...there is HOPE AS LONG AS YOU KEEP TRYING.
2. There are going to be times...numerous in my case...where you are going to fail/slip/mess up...this doesn't mean you are a failure...it means you are human...oh, you didn't know that - rofl.
3. If you let them...they will come...The support of your friends in this community are ready to help you, lead you, support you, in every area of this journey you are on...all you have to do is ask.
4. Allowing yourself to bare all parts of your life is hard, but the more transparent you are the easier your journey. Every time you let something become known, you become lighter. All that stuff we hide is very heavy...believe, me, I know this from personal experience.
5. Stop blaming others for your weight issues. I have allowed this to happen over the last year and a half until I realized no one was standing over me with a gun making me shovel food in my mouth...well, duh, why did I allow this to happen...AGAIN.
6. You wil never here me say, "IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO." I cringe every time I hear this statement. You have to make that decision totally on your own. I know many people will disagree with this and that is ok. It's my opinion.
7. You can't be every thing for everybody....you WILL BURN OUT...BE SELFISH AND PUT YOURSELF FIRST FOR A CHANGE...again, speaking from personal experience.
8. (coming soon...I am tired of typing and thinking)
BLC17 CHALLENGE - Rockin' Rose Rangers
Starting Weight: 210
Boot Camp - 209
Week 1 - 208 (.48% - ranked #18 on team)
Week 2 - 207
Week 3 - 206
Week 4 - 205
Week 5 - 203
**1400 calories a day
**8+ glasses of water
**Cardio every day
**Core every day
**strength 3 times/week
**Take time for me
**Blog at least once/week
**Track nutritional and fitness data.
**Use 5% weight loss goal/month and post to page
**Set nutritional goals and fitness goals and post on page
**Set up a reward system (something I never did before)
**Update my SparkPage at least monthly.
**Use my support system!!!
My name is Pam and I live in Louisiana. Before retiring due to a sudden illness, I worked for Bell South/AT&T for 15 years in Public Rel. & Marketing. Got layed off. Went to work for Cigna Healthplan for 9 years. Never got married - don't know why. Just didn't happen.
I'm very involved in my church, with playing with my great niece & nephew, and scrapbooking.
I love people and being involved in "stuff."
I have some physical challenges due to complete respiratory failure in 1995. God was good. It wasn't my time to go. There is something on this earth that I'm supposed to do so I need to be as healthy as I can.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 11.0