By July of 2007 I had ballooned up to about 175 pounds, which at 5'2" is a LOT.
August 2008 - after a 30 pound loss
with my Friend Elizabeth at the Richland Farms Farm Fest near Saluda, SC - November 2010
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
When my husband and I started dating in 1993, I weighed about 120 pounds and wore a size 9/10. As of February 2008 I weigh about 175 pounds and wear a size 20/22. My incentive for starting this journey in February was that my wonderful stepdaughter, Jen, was being married August 2008, and I wanted to look great for the wedding. I didn't quite make my goal of 130 by then, but the 30 pounds I had lost made a big difference in how I looked and felt. I also want to be the healthiest most fit grandma around for my beautiful grandchildren.
I changed jobs, which was one big reason my exercise dropped dramatically. As a result of that and other bad choices, I am back up to 175. It is way past time to get serious again. If I am going to be healthy and fit, I have to make time for it beginning now.
1. Exercise regularly.
2. Eat healthier and control portions.
3. Look good at Jen's wedding. (8/18/08-looked pretty good even though not all the way to goal)
4. Get back into my skinny clothes.
5. The ultimate "pie-in-the-sky" goal is to be able to borrow Mom's clothes.
1. Joyce Vedral's 12-Minute Total Body Workout
2. Walking, either outside, in a store, at school (I'm a teacher), or at home to a Leslie Sansone DVD or video or some other walking tape or DVD.
3. Try including some other, different cardio exercises like swimming, biking, or circuit training.
I am from Cadillac, MI. Besides Cadillac, I have lived in several other cities in Michigan (LaPorte, Midland, Saginaw), Minnesota (Twin Cities area), and Itapira, São Paulo, Brasil. I moved to Varnville, South Carolina last fall and am now in Hampton, SC.
I am a high school Spanish teacher. My husband and I have 7 children between us. We are empty nesters just settling in to life in a new state.
My husband is a picky diabetic meateater. I am an almost vegitarian who is very healthy and the absolute opposite of picky. That, plus carrying my lunch to school most days, means that I fix a lot of meals for one.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 160.0