Shared Fitness Tracker
The 12 Steps
1. We admitted we were powerless over our food addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to food addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Food Addicts Anonymous definition of abstinence;
We ask for help from our Higher Power to abstain from those substances we find ourselves craving, ever mindful of our addiction to sugar, flour and wheat. Feeding our bodies with a plan of sound nutrition will allow us freedom from the insanity of this disease. With honesty, an open mind, and willingness to share our experience, strength, and hope, we can recover from this disease, ONE DAY AT A TIME.
Food Addicts Anonymous 7th Step Prayer;
God, help me listen to my Higher Self as You and I make the changes in my life that will allow me to live a free, useful, and happy life. Help me not to find fault with all that I do and with those who cross my path. As I continue to stay abstinent, help me be released from the cravings for foods that are not in my best interest. Help me learn that food is to nourish my body so my spirit can carry out your plans for me. Help me be compassionate, trusting, forgiving, loving and kind to myself and others as I serve you and the people on earth. Amen.
To wake up every morning ready to tackle life.(Instead of feeling like life has tackled me. lol )
To eat less and exercise more. Sounds simple but I've found simple works best.
Hi!! I'm Beth and as of today I'm a former self-loather.
I love to spend time with my family and friends. I read all the time. I love, love, love, my dogs. I spend as much time outside as I possibly can. Last but certainly not least I'm a christian and that's a huge part of me.
I would love to find friends here at spark people. There are not many people around me that really understand what I'm going through. I need the support of others and I also love being supportive. :)
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 2.5