Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
Well, I have not been on here in awhile. I love you guys and apologize for not being here to respond to the words of encouragement. I kinda got off track but now I'm gettin back on. I started my 30 day juice fast on 9/8/08. It has been going well so far and I am excited about the results. So far I have lost 9 pounds (3 days). I decided to come back and put Spark to some good use by journaling every day. I gotta catch up on the first 2 days but I really want to log each and every day so I (and others) can reflect on my experience. If anyone gets the urge to join me please feel free to. I am always very excited to hear of others like me trying to fast and I love encouraging others. I need to get back to my quote-a-day post to so each post I'll include one. If anyone wants to stay in contact with me please feel free to email me, IM me, or hit me on myspace (its easier to get me that way lol)
Yahoo ID: B.eeyoo
I will act now. I will act now. I will act now. Henceforth, I will repeat these words each hour, each day, everyday, until the words become as much a habit as my breathing, and the action which follows becomes as instinctive as the blinking of my eyelids. With these words I can condition my mind to perform every action necessary for my success. I will act now. I will repeat these words again and again and again. I will walk where failures fear to walk. I will work when failures seek rest. I will act now for now is all I have. Tomorrow is the day reserved for the labor of the lazy. I am not lazy. Tomorrow is the day when the failure will succeed. I am not a failure. I will act now. Success will not wait. If I delay, success will become wed to another and lost to me forever. This is the time. This is the place. I am the person.
20 CHANGES I PLAN TO MAKE IN MY LIFESTYLE TO LEAD TO A HEALTHIER ME:
1. Go as organic as possible. I know its expensive but to save money, anything with a peel i can take off I will buy at the grocery store (i.e. oranges, bananas, grapefruit, kiwi). Anything that I eat as is will be strictly organic (apples, pears, grapes, berries, etc.)
2. Stay away from dairy as much as possible substituting soy, rice, and veggie products.
3. Try to stay away from white flours, rices, grains. I'm even going to avoid wheat as well. My goal is to stay as much on whole grain products as possible.
4. Stay away from white sugars, artificial flavors, sugar substitutes, etc. Only eat natural sugars and if sugar MUST be used it will be organic dried sugar cane, organic honey, or organic maple syrup (you'd be surprise at how good that maple syrup is as a sweetener, better than honey)
5. I'm not becoming a complete vegetarian but I'm definitely cutting out a lot of meat. Beef and Pork will be eaten VERY rarely. Mainly special occasions. None if I can help it. I will eat meat only 3-4 times a week, focusing on other sources of proteins. Fish will be a main staple, eatin at least twice a week, along with chicken.
6. Meats, eggs, and dairy will be bought organic, non-pasteurized, without any antibiotics or drugs.
7. Stay away from seafood that have no scales (catfish, shellfish, etc.) Scales protect fishes from environmental toxins.
8. Research, utilize, and incorporate a WIDE range of produce. There are so many other fruits and vegetables out there that are just as good, if not better.
9. Incorporate Ginger into my lifestyle heavily with ginger teas and organic ginger candy.
10. Use herbal teas instead of coffee, or other high caffeine drinks.
11. No soda. Only organic juice at meal time (meaning no more than 3 glasses a day).
12. 2 Liters of water a day. (I have a 2liter jug I use)
13. Incorporate spicey foods like cayenne pepper, and home made salsa. (Helps blood circulation and other things).
14. Do small remedies I know work like: 1 grapefruit a day, a tbsp of apple cider vinegar before each meal, no eating after 7pm, 1 apple a day, etc.
15. Get at least 7 hours of sleep.
16. As far as meals go, I will eat big breakfasts, medium lunch, small dinner, with snacks in between. Most of my carbs will be during breakfast so I can burn them off during the day, with less carb, more protein/veggies towards the evening.
17. Have one big salad a day.
18. Exercise at least 5 times a week. This is hard for me and is my biggest challenge. I want to exercise more in the mornng so it will definitely take me getting proper rest to get up in the morning.
19. Take all natural liquid vitamins. (of course liquids absorb better, and i'm also careful to make sure that they are in fact good sources of vitamins, not commercialized pills with a bunch of fillers) I also have enzyme supplement (check out Jarrow products), papaya enzymes and omega 3 to take daily.
20. Continue to stay positive. Every morning now I meditate and see myself smaller. I constantly envision myself as the woman I want to be and thank God in advance for my victory.
My goal is to totally change my lifestyle. I've been big all of my life. I finally want to know how it feels to get over this mountain. I've tried time after time before and I never stuck through but I am this time. I want to feel better about myself. I've gotten over a lot of my selfesteem issues but I believe one of my final stages to complete self-acceptance is becoming the person I want to be. I am too young to worry about health issues but I will in the near future if I dont change. So ya'll please pray for me and encourage me as I do the same for you.
CHANGE HAS COME!
As of now I am on a 30 day juice fast to get myself back into the groove (after my slip up). I also plan to go on another 30 day raw produce diet instead of jumping right back into eating. MAJOR DETOX lol.
Nicknames: Court, Cawtney, CoCo
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Residence: Palm Beach County, FL
Occupation: Workin on it
Heyy wassup :). I'm not so great at these intro things so bare with me. I'm BEaUtiFULLY aka Beeyoo (yep you heard correctly). I wont claim to be this complex and mysterious person. I'm not here to wooh you with witty jargon and recycled poetry. I'm just here to do what I'm best at and thats being myself :). I'm a goofy, corny and fun-loving person. I'll make you laugh wit my corny jokes (some you'll laugh wit me and some you'll laugh at me) and I'll also give you a nice big fluffy shoulder to cry on. I'll tell you the truth when you need to hear it and sometimes if you having a bad day and need a ego boost I'll make you feel good too :). Anything else you want to know just ask me :)
Hobbies: Graphics, Drawing, Photography, Networking
Colors: Yellow, Pink, Green, Brown
Foods/Drinks: I pretty much love anything spicy or tangy. I anything with lemon type flavors. As far as drinks go, Iím a sucker for some good old fashioned lemonade or tea.
Music: R&B, Neo-Soul, Old School, Pop, Alternative, Hip Hop
Artists: Jill Scott, Floetry, Goapele, Raheem Devaughn, Chrisette Michelle, Chaka Kahn, Anita Baker, Phil Collins, One Republic, Lupe, Kanye, Common, Earth Wind & Fire, Stevie Wonder, Isley Brothers, (to be continued. . .)
Movies: Whatís Love Got to Do With It?, Problem Child, Friday the 13th (all), Nightmare on Elm Street (all), Childís Play (all), Neverending Story, Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings (all), Harry Potter (all), Lion King, Shrek, Losing Isaiah, *Any Denzel Movie* (to be continued . . .)
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 0.0
"There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something..."
2769 days ago
hi. i just wanted you to know that you remind me of me when i was your age. stay the same.
2850 days ago
Hey girl, i loved many of your tips on how to lead a healthier life, i think ill put several at use, and i might copy paste them for dont forget them, thanks for the inspiration, also i was wondering, where did you find the info about scales protecting fish from enviromental toxins, i tried to research it and i found pretty much nothing about it, with exception that predatory fishes have more toxins than not so predatory ones, kudos ^^
2862 days ago
Hey girl, I read that your starting over. Truth be told so am I. kinda. I got my mom, stepdad and me in a gym since the whole dance game wasn't working out [got boring] and so many other excuses, but I want to say don't fret!
I dont know if you do, but sometimes I get kind of anxious having to 'start over' and wonder how many times I'll have to, you know? But I've learned a lot from previous mistakes, so here's to persistancy!
If you dont know, this is NinjaRay btw, I forgot my old password since I'm at my aunts using her computer :D
2908 days ago
Comment edited on: 9/12/2008 3:50:19 PM
glad to have you back...thanks for your comment...good luck...you can do it
2910 days ago