From 193 in Patagonia to 123 in my backyard!
"Before" at 183, hunched over (after losing 10lbs but still!)
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
Here's all you have to know:
1) Cut out all sugar
2) Cut out all grains except for non-wheat, non-refined grains like quinoa, barley and spelt. (That means nothing refined, like white flour, white rice, pasta, etc.)
3) Cut out all red meat and eat smaller portions of chicken and fish.
(Try to only eat low glycemic foods though I don't worry about the higher glycemic fruits and veggies because they're healthy for you. Stay away from processed foods. Farewell, Lean Cuisine!)
4) Cut out caffeine, carbonation, artificial sweeteners except Stevia which has no chemicals.
5) Use healthy fats like olive oil and try to limit the fat whenever possible.
6) Limit dairy as much as possible. Almond milk is a great substitute for cow's milk and is only 40 calories per 8oz. Mix in a Stevia or two to make it sweeter if you need it.
7) EAT! Fruits; vegetables; nuts and nut butters and nut milks; lentils and beans; whole non-wheat, non-gluten grains; lots of fish plus some turkey and chicken without skin, olive oil, cheese and eggs when absolutely necessary (severly limited).
8) Lots and lots and lots of water. It's pretty much all I drink, between bottled water and decaffeinated black or green tea.
So far: Over 50 lbs in 5 months with NO cravings and no hunger. Years of back pain gone (thanks to rowing). Face clearing up. Energy level high.
9) EXERCISE! Both cardio and resistance. I work out at least 1 hour per day--usually first thing after I drop my son at school. Newest love: Listening to audiobooks while I work out--it makes the time fly by and I look forward to the exercise.
2013: Stay under 124 for the remainder of the year and continue to exercise.
Shatter all my previous goals selling real estate as I attempt to pay for my son's college education. He starts 9/15.
Clean, non-processed food eating. Semi-vegetarian. Trying to keep my Glycemic Index low, imflammation low and avoid diabetes and heart disease.
1 hr cardio a day x 3 days a week (elliptical, bike, rowing machine, treadmill (run/walk), aqua exercise, zumba, swimming, aerobics class, pilates, yoga. stability ball, kickboxing--i do all of these, just on different days and some days 2-3 different classes in a row--love it!)
30 minutes weightlifting 3x week.
1 day off per week.
Leg exercises (as per knee doctor/physical therapist) 6x week for 10 minutes per day
Bowling 1x week in league.
My name is Dawn, I live in Rockland County, NY with my husband and two kids. I'm 5'5" and 52 years old.
I'm a realtor, a writer and a marketing professional.
| current weight: 120.4