The beginning of a wonderful journey. Yes, that is my attitude. This may take a year, so I can't think of it as a diet. It is a life change for me. I used to weigh 150 pounds years ago, and I would really like to get back there. I was married for 20 years then widowed. Have two surviving children, lost one five years ago. I work as a baby nurse and go to peoples home right after they give birth, staying two weeks at a time.
My two kids, a boy and a girl, are married and moved out. I have two dogs, Tucker and Andy, both part Basset; and used to work with Basset Hounds Rescue of Georgia, where I fostered bassets in my home before they were adopted into their permanent homes.
New News! I am going to be a grandmother for the first time in October. We just found out it's a girl!
April 30, 2009 - Starting over - Here I go.......
New season, new solutions......
Starting over again. July 30, 2012. Just got healed from a milk allergy and gained a little wt from eating it. I need to start blogging.
One day at a time.
For every problem there is a solution.
Failure is not an option.
All things work together for the good.
Enjoy where you are.
1. My life, it is so much better now.
2. God, for taking care of me through it all.
3. For present day healing, and all the healings that have happened to me in my life.
4. For my boss, Jill, who prays with me at work. She is wonderful and I am so greatful for her.
5. For the triplets, they bring me joy that is amazing.
6. For my house, that was a gift from God.
7. For all the challenges that I have had in my life, because they have made me who I am and made me strong.
8. For God's love, and intimacy.
9. For God not giving up on me.
PEOPLE I AM GREATFUL
1. My kids, because I love them.
2. Dan, because he makes me laugh.
3. My bosses, Jill and Bob, because they are so inspirational.
4. My dogs, because they love me.
My goal is to get to 150 pounds by eating in a healthy manner with gentle exercise. I say gentle because I don't want to burn myself out on the way. A day at a time.
My program consists of using different recipes to keep me motivated and not feeling deprived. Besides this I will be gently exercising on a regular basis.
Jan 25 - 204
Feb 25 - 198
Mar 25 - 193
Apr 25 - 191
May 25 - 194
June 25 - 190
July 25 - 190
April 2009 - 200
May 14 - 188
May 22 - 185
May 28 - 184
July 10 - 179.5
June 21, 2011-183
July 30, 2012-188
Aug 1- 189
Aug 5- 188
Aug 6 - 187
My favorite movies are "Under the Tuscan Sun," " Bridget Jones," "Uptown Girls," "Serandipity," and "When Harry met Sally."
I love Barns n Noble, being able to sit with my pumpkin spice latte and study. I am really enjoying my new job which includes a lot of book work. I haven't studied for a long time and it is quite enjoyable.
| current weight: 197.0