Me at 190 pounds. I can tell I am smaller than I was at 210.
Me at 165 pounds, on Bella.
I have 33 pics in my gallery
Was almost to goal!!! Then.. broken foot, now have to start over.
~~~~~~~~~~ 2014 ~~~~~~~~~~
It's a new year and every year my life has had major changes. This year I was farming and working at a horse ranch. Four months ago I was doing super good, eating healthy and organic, exercising every day, and only about 10 pounds away from my goal, I had FINALLY broke the 185 plateau I had been at for years! However, I broke my foot and went back to work fulltime, so I stopped exercising and started eating fast food and I cannot believe just how crazy ...
~~~~~~~~~~ 2014 ~~~~~~~~~~
It's a new year and every year my life has had major changes. This year I was farming and working at a horse ranch. Four months ago I was doing super good, eating healthy and organic, exercising every day, and only about 10 pounds away from my goal, I had FINALLY broke the 185 plateau I had been at for years! However, I broke my foot and went back to work fulltime, so I stopped exercising and started eating fast food and I cannot believe just how crazy fast the weight comes back on! It sucks bigtime as I told myself that would be the last time I was fat, and my lifestyle was healthy and fit.
July 2014- 178#
Mar 2014- 166#, 24% BF, 39# FAT, 127# LB
~~~~~~~~~~ 2013 ~~~~~~~~~~
Nov 2013- 172#, 25% BF, 43# FAT, 129# LBM
July 2013- 181#, 27% BF, 48# FAT, 131# LBM
June- Been off spark for almost a year and a half. I need to get back on and start tracking my food again. Also revamping my sparkpage to get it current with my life. Still maintaining at 185 pounds.
Jan- I've been off Spark for a year. I needed a break to get my mindset back in the right place. So much has happened in the last year too! I started my farm and some co-ops, moved, and finishing up school. The farm is going really good and my goats are bred so I am super excited to have baby goats!!! Surprisingly, I've only gained 5 pounds in the entire year I was off Spark. Not too bad! Even though it's been such a busy year I feel like I am in a good place and am working on getting to be a more happy and positive thinker again. We've done a lot to change our eating habits to become more healthy. We've pretty much switched to almost 100% organic and I would say probably 90% paleo. I've just started working out at the gym again this week and now back on Spark. I am SOOO ready to lose these last 25 pounds!!! I'll be back on most every day! Thanks for reading!
~~~~~~~~~~ 2011 ~~~~~~~~~~
* March 3 2012- Sad to say I've gained some weight back from my lowest when I was running cross country. CC is over now and though I miss it at times I am kind of happy it's over. I felt like I was getting to the point where my body was just breaking down more and more and I was getting to be a worse and worse runner. I was in constant pain every time I ran. Mostly my IT bands, but also my hips and shins. Don't know what I was doing wrong, and want to figure it out and work past it, but with everything else going on in my life I just don't feel like I have the time for that right now. I am in school full-time still and hopefully I only have a few more semesters. I don't know how people cope with everything life throws at them.... Between the house, the farm, school, 2 jobs, and my relationship I feel like I'm drowning and I go to be exhausted every night.... all the while getting fatter and fatter. I'm at about 190 right now, and I REALLY really want to be 160. I know I will feel better, look better, be healthier, AND less tired if I can just shed these last 30 pounds. OIY. It sounds like so much. THIRTY. =( Haha and I'm 30 years old. Thats funny. 30 with 30 to lose. Ok so I know I still have a LONGGG way off before I get to my dream but I'm going to describe it anyway.... So I've always loved horses my whole life and I did have one for a couple years, from the time I was 17 to about 20. I recently met a lady who I found out is my neighbor and she has a lot of horses, so many in fact she can't ride/ exercise them all. So she invited me to go with her and I have been riding every Friday and Sunday now for a couple months and I REALLY love it. It's my favorite thing to do. So my dream is to eventually get a horse and do endurance races. I know it's a long way off, but I figure I need to lose the weight anyways to be able to compete doing that, AND it will take me a while to lose the weight anyway so I might as well start NOW. Haha like I haven't been trying for the last 10 years...
* November 1st 2011- Had my 30th birthday, it came and went and I, unfortunately, am still in the same place I have been trying to get away from for the last couple years. I weighed in at 190 this morning and my goal is still to get down to 150. I REALLY do NOT want to spend my 30's overweight as I did my 20's. I feel like this is a new chapter in my life and I'm ready to do what I need to do to become the person I really am. My immediate goals are to eat less, eat cleaner, track everything again and exercise more. I started going back to the gym and lifting weights this week (after not lifting for a couple years)... and I am determined to be AT, not near but AT my goal by the time I hit 31, AND to maintain it throughout all of the 30's.
Today; 189#, 29% BF, 54# of fat, and 135# of lean body mass.
* September 1st; Still struggling to find what works for my body, but really excited to try a new meal plan this week! I even got my boyfriend on board! =D
* August 15: School starts next week, but Cross Country starts today! OIY! I don't feel like I am ready but at the same time I hope I make some big gains this year! Life has been pretty overwhelming these last few weeks and it's only going to get worse with school starting... OIY! Oh and my birthday is only a month away and I haven't even come close to hitting my goals. =( Sad face.
* June 20: Been running cross country summer class for only a week now, and the bodyfat scale says I have already dropped 1%, can I get a BIG WOO HOO!
6/2011- 185#, 27% BF, 49# FAT, 136# LBM
* June 01: I FINALLY got my wisdom teeth taken out after literally a years worth of pain and migraines! I'm finally able to start exercising hardcore again, I will never take the ABILITY to exercise for granted again! I just finished another straight A semester in school and am getting ready to start my cross country running class again on the 13th. SO EXCITED to be able to run again! I haven't run in 7 months so I know it will be difficult, but I've done it before and I can do it again! Yay for getting in shape by my birthday! Oh and one more positive, even though I know I lost muscle I haven't really gained any weight since I stopped running, so that is super good news as to me NOT gaining any back and living the lifestyle change! Here's to a great new month and getting fit!!! Today's measurements; 6/2011- 185#, 28% BF, 51# FAT, 134# LBM
* January 2011: THREE YEARS ON SPARK!!! I've updated and revamped my Sparkpage for the new year. I've bounced around in weight and gained some due to the holidays, being sick, and bad food choices, but I am ready to make a new me!
So far this year isn't going as well as last fitness-wise. I was running a whole lot in cross-country, but towards the end of the year stopped due to headaches and tight tendons. I also didn't work out very much at the gym, or lift weights because my cc coach was all about running. I definitely want to get back into the gym this year!
I woke up today feeling like I want a new life. And I think that starts with loosing this extra 40 pounds I've been carrying around. I'm ready to be the person I want to be. And that person isn't fat. I've realized that even though I thought I was eating healthy, obviously due to my results I've been making mistakes, and whether in bad food choices or by just eating too much, I am ready to end it. I look back at pictures and realize I may never be that thin, beautiful, young person again. I am always evolving, and may be thin again, but I will never be young again. I turn 30 this year and I REFUSE to live my adult life as a fat person. It's holding me back from what I want to do and who I want to be. I am ready, BRING IT ON!
1/2011- 190#, 29% BF, 55# FAT, 135# LBM
3/2011- 186#, 29% BF, 53# FAT, 133# LBM
4/2011- 183#, 27% BF, 49# FAT, 134# LBM
6/2011- 185#, 28% BF, 51# FAT, 134# LBM
185# - HAIRCUT
ACHIEVED 3-30-11 New Haircut Color!
180# - PEDICURE
175# - DAY AT THE OCEAN
170# - MASSAGE
165# - HAVE BF TEACH ME TO SURF
160# - BIKINI & FACIAL
155# - NEW COSMETICS
150# or 20% BodyFat- NEW WARDROBE!!!
~~~~~~~~~~ 2010 ~~~~~~~~~~
2 years on Sparkpeople now, and not to my goal, but definitely moving in the right direction, albeit slowly. I've lost about 35 pounds so far, and maintaining it very well. I feel like I have much better control over my foods and my life, and I have been running the last two semesters at school, so I feel like I am in the best shape that I have been in a very long time.
1/2010- 177#, 26% BF, 46# FAT, 131# LBM
2/2010- 175#, 26% BF, 45# FAT, 130# LBM
5/2010- 177#, 25% BF, 44# FAT, 133# LBM
7/2010- 177#, 25% BF, 44# FAT, 133# LBM
I have been taking cross country running for the last 2 semesters. I am infinitely better than when I first started, I couldn't even run 200 meters! I recovered from a severe hamstring injury so that held me back some. Overall I am happy I can actually run about 3 miles now, but I AM disappointed I am not BETTER and FASTER by now... I am taking it again this fall, so hopefully this will be a turning point.
I am so VERY VERY serious about getting past this plateau I have been stuck on for the last oh so many months. I am completely changing the way I eat, and am going to eat even healthier like I know how to but didn't! It's crazy it has taken me SO long to lose this weight, then I plateau and stall, then I lose a little more and plateau and stall... Well I am DONE plateau'ing and DONE stalling!!!
~~~~~~~~~~ 2008-2009 ~~~~~~~~~~
I do not want to be a hungry caterpillar anymore. I am ready to be a butterfly!!!
I'm Cari. I'm 28 years old. When I was 13 my family was camping, and my Aunt and Uncle came to visit, my aunt sat me down and had a talk with me. She said I needed to start watching what I ate. I was dumbfounded. The thought had never crossed my mind. I wasn't allowed seconds at dinner, and have been struggling with my weight ever since. I don't blame it on her, in fact I wish she was around more. I didn't grow up with my mom, or any other women figure for that matter, so I never really learned "how to be a girl". I always did the stuff my dad and brother did, ate the way they ate, because that's what I knew. That was my first memory of ever feeling fat and the first person to ever talk to me about it. I think she was correct in trying to get me to think about things I had never thought about before.
Looking back and reflecting on my life, I don't think I have any emotional problems or eating problems or anything of that nature, I just LOVE food! I have trouble stopping when something tastes SOOO good I just want to keep eating it!!! =)
I feel I've always been chubby- I've never been the "skinny girl". Growing up I fluctuated between 145 and 155 lbs. Fast-forward to when I was 26- I reached my all time highest weight of 210 lbs. About four years ago I made positive life choices and a better lifestyle and I lost about 30 lbs. Sad to say I ended up in the same circle of friends and in the same cycle as before and I gained it all back. =( I was so discouraged and disgusted with myself. It was very frustrating and I felt like I was always battling myself not to eat. Despite all this, I have never seen myself as a "fat" person. I feel have always been outgoing and sporty. =)
It's time I get control ONCE AND FOR ALL.
I love sports- I'm an adrenaline junky. I participate in motocross, snowboarding, skateboarding, snorkeling, horseback riding, rock climbing, hiking, bicycling, camping, fishing, hunting, paintball, kayaking, streetbikes, four-wheeling, off-roading, MMA, wrestling, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai kickboxing, mountain biking, rock crawling, shooting, dog sledding, pretty much anything fun! I have a dirtbike and go riding anytime it's not too hot. =) I haven't been wakeboarding or surfing yet, but I want to!
I like exercising a lot, it's one of my favorite things and after I am done I love the accomplishment and how my body feels. I really enjoy stretching and try to do yoga 3x per week. But I do know overall that I need to exercise more.
When I was 21 I was a Personal Trainer at 24 Hour Fitness. I used to be into bodybuilding and was one of the strongest girls at the gym. I weighed 185 then. And ironically, that's when I started having weight issues. I'm not into bodybuilding anymore, but I started lifting weights again, after years of not, and I feel like I still have a good amount of muscle. I'm not interested in getting as big as I possibly can anymore- now I would just rather be fit and sporty with low bodyfat. =)
I'm not your typical girly girl, no wasting money on nails and hair... lets go dirtbike riding or snowboarding instead!!! I'm real and honest and I tell it how it is... I'm proud of myself, my accomplishments, and who I am...
I work with a rescue called Rescue House to save the lives of homeless and abandoned kitties. It's a big part of my life and I am thankful every day to be able to help these unfortunate animals.
I think for myself and I'm not into "keeping up with the Jones's". Personal development, family, intelligence, the human body and brain, gym, health, graphic & environmental design, business, reading, thinking deep thoughts, psychology, philosophies, comedy, hydrogen, ranching and raising animals, alternative energy, growing and organic stuff, and getting off the grid are important things in my life. I have the most wonderful boyfriend in the world, whom I love with all my heart. He supports me in whatever I choose to do and has the same interests as I do.
I'm not into drama, fake people, liars and players... I look for people that are real, honest, optimistic and fun. I am always open to talking to new people and getting new ideas.
1/2008- 210#, 36% BF, 75#FAT, 135# LBM
4/2008- 199#, 31% BF, 61# FAT, 138# LBM
6/2008- 195#, 28% BF, 54# FAT, 141# LBM
8/2008- 194#, 28% BF, 54# FAT, 140# LBM
9/2008- 191#, 28% BF, 53# FAT, 138# LBM
11/2008- 190#, 28% BF, 53# FAT, 137# LBM
3/2009- 198#, 29% BF, 57# FAT, 141# LBM
4/2009- 198#, 29% BF, 57# FAT, 141# LBM
5/2009- 188#, 28% BF, 52# FAT, 135# LBM
6/2009- 184#, 27% BF, 49# FAT, 135# LBM
7/2009- 181#, 27% BF, 48# FAT, 133# LBM
7/2009- 179#, 26% BF, 46# FAT, 133# LBM
♠♢♣♡♠ MOTIVATION ♠♢♣♡♠
There are two ways to live your life... One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.
"For anything worth having one must pay the price; and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice - no paper currency, no promises to pay, but the gold of real service." -John Burroughs
"Have you ever had one of those moments where you say something to someone like "I feel like He-man gave me an unrealistic expectation of what puberty might bring". And they look at you with a very straight face and say, 'thats funny' without even a smile? It's like they're saying, 'congratulations, you have constructed a humorous sentence but I wont be giving into your diabolical plan by laughing at it.' As if by laughing they've admitted defeat. Screw those people, in fact, I don't have time for any non silly people. I only have about 50 years left and I'd like to spend them giggling. Let's let the nonsilly's hang out with the easily offended. They can have serious discussions together while carefully dancing around sensitive issues."
A workout is 25% PERSPIRATION and 75% DETERMINATION. Stated another way, it is one part physical exertion and three parts SELF-DISCIPLINE. Doing it is easy once you get started. A workout makes you better today than you were yesterday. It strengthens the body, relaxes the mind and toughens the spirit. When you work out regularly, your problems diminish and your CONFIDENCE grows. A workout is a personal triumph over laziness and procrastination. It is the badge of a WINNER, the mark of an ORGANIZED, GOAL-ORIENTED person who has taken charge of his or her destiny. A workout is a wise use of time and an INVESTMENT in excellence. It is a way of preparing for life's challenges and proving to yourself that you have what it takes to do what is necessary. A workout is a key that helps unlock the door to OPPORTUNITY and SUCCESS. Hidden within each of us is an extraordinary force. Physical and mental fitness are the triggers that can release it. A workout is a form of REBIRTH. When you finish a good workout, you don't simply feel better... YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF!
"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."
I realized that in order to make my dreams come true and to live my life to the fullest, that I must MAKE it happen. Life is about creating yourself, you don't just become a CEO over night unless you are born into it. You absolutely can not sit around all day wishing that people would understand, wishing you had enough money to do something, wishing that you would... knowing you could and not doing it. The saddest thing in the world is wasted talent.
I have never exercised and then afterward said, "Gee, I wish I hadn't done that".
Try thinking about what has worked in the past.
Try and ask someone who has done it.
Try and figure out what is not working.
Try it a different way.
Try it once more.
Don't stop trying!
"Do or do not. There is no try."
"There will be days you don't think you can run a marathon. There will be a lifetime of knowing you have."
"Good things come slow. Especially in distance running. "
- Bill Dellinger
"Some running is good, more is better, and too much is just enough. The only way you define your limits is to go beyond them."
"The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach."
- Benjamin Mays
"Every man dies, but not every man really lives."
- William Wallace
| current weight: 178.0
Member Since: 2/7/2008
Fitness Minutes: 22,372
1. My goal is to weigh 160. Three months ago I was at 165... SO close! But broke my foot and haven't been able to maintain my then current fitness level and have gained weight back.
2. To lose weight to become healthier and less tired!
3. To lose weight to be competitive in my endurance riding!
My new goal program includes;
1. GO TO GYM, start swimming & bike riding.
2. Sit-ups, Push-ups, and pull-ups three times a week.
3. Record all my food here in SP.
4. Eat between 1200-1600 calories per day.
5. Get back into my Yoga!
Height: 5' 8"
Body Type: Apple
Body Frame: Large
Face Shape: Heart
When I was about 13 I became aware of my weight and for as long as I can remember my weight has always fluctuated, I'm tired of the yo-yo life and want to be a happy comfortable maintainable weight!
Weight Loss Motivations
M ake short term goals
O ut with the negative thoughts
T hink of why you want it
I magine how you will feel
V isualize the future you
A cknowledge your successes
T reat yourself with respect
I nvestigate new ideas and foods
O bserve your healthy lifestyle
N ever give up and never give in
S upport one another