My goal is to feel confident to do a picture like this. Love Isla Fisher!!
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
I'm a 30 year old mom of two living in the Sterling Heights, MI area. Love to dance (I take a hip hop and belly dance class), sing karaoke, and just have some crazy silly fun. I like to wear trendy stuff, and feel like a HOT MAMA, so I am trying to get into shape.
I started with spark after my second child while weighing about 165 pounds. I got down to a weight of 141 pounds, which I think was my lowest weight ever. I was thinner than I was in high school, because an old formal dress I saved from a high school dance was actually too big on me! However, I have slid back now and am weighing in at about 149! Say it with me now, OH NO! So I am trying to get back down and maybe lower than the 142. I would definitely like to add some muscle and maybe reduce some of that dreaded cellulite in the process.
I'd really like to get below the 140 pound threshold and see how I look at that weight. I've never been below that, so I am interested to know. My memory tells me that I was thinner pre-kids when I got down to 140 before, so I don't know if because of kids the flubber is just sticking to different places or what. I don't remember having this much belly fat at 140 pounds before I had my first kiddo!
For the record, I am 5' 8"- and weight is about 146 as of this moment. I am trying to stay at about 1800 - 1900 calories a day, which is a bit high, but I am doing high intensity aerobics 3 times a week, plus lower intensity stuff one or more times a week as well. Right now I do Zumba for an hour on mondays, then a Tae Bo DVD two various days, and I do a bellydance class on Weds for 45 minutes. I also do exercises on a stability ball a couple times a week while watching TV.
One of my goals is to lose enough weight and tone up enough to try and feel confident enough to have a pin-up girl style photo done. Nothing too racy, but something 50's dress, hair and makeup to match -- maybe done professionally at a salon even. It would be a great treat for accomplishing my goals, and also a good 31st birthday present for myself - course I am pretty sure my hubby would enjoy it too!
You can also find me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/agauth79
1. Lose another 10-15 pounds- and keep it off
2. Maybe wear a bikini again - depends on the stretch mark situation :(
3. To make exercise and better eating part of a lifestyle versus a 'diet' - meaning getting exercise 3-4 times a week regularly and eating healthy food regularly
5. Not just eat less and fewer calories, but eat better. More whole grains, more food made from scratch.
4. Get to a lower weight than I have ever been -- something under 140, 135 being the best goal.
5. Firm and tone so I can get some of that calorie eating muscle on my body.
6. Be fit and toned enough to feel confident in having a pin-up style photo done. I've always loved the style and glamour of those! I want to do it before the end of 30th year. But only if I can look damn good for the camera!!
---pretty basic goals I guess :) I feel like I should make some more specific and major goals, like running a marathon, becoming a certified Zumb
1. KEEP A CALORIE LOG Even though I could graduate to a different plan of logging food intake, I find it best for me to still keep a total calorie count. Its the only way I seem to avoid all those little extras that break my calorie bank.
2. WORKOUT - 20-30 mins of cardio 2-3 times a week to start then gradually build to 3-4. That on top of my regular bellydance and hip hop classes that each happen one day a week. On non-class days, I do a step machine or an aerobics/dance DVD. I might try 10 mins daily of just dancing to music as a way to get 10 mins everyday.
3. STRENGTH TRAIN/TONE -Trying to do more of this, but its really a chore for me. I try to do sit ups, push ups & other floor exercises while watching TV w/ my hubby. I HATE feeling the 'burn' though, so its hard to be motivated. Maybe more consistent yoga could yield the same results for me. Though it would take a longer session than strength exercises usually do.
I'm living in Sterling Hts, MI
I am married and have two little girls, 5 yrs and 2 yrs. I am a stay at home Mom. Originally lived in Marquette, Mi. Graduated '98 MSHS.
I love to dance for fun. I am taking a bellydance class and a hip hop class that I REALLY enjoy. Both are going to culminate in a recital this year!
Hoping to eventually get a degree in some sort of graphic design field or visual communications field. Started on what I thought was a path for medical coding and billing, but the second set of classes wasn't going ot be enough to be of much use. :(
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 143.5
Thanks for the support on my blog, I truly appreciate it! Today is turning out to be a much better day. I'm going to have to keep your suggestion about eating something healthy before the pizza arrives to keep me from eating too many pieces. :) That is a great idea! Good luck with those friends of yours too! I totally agree that its envy with a lack of drive that's keeping them from doing what we do. Those are the people I will wind up seeing as patients with a stroke. I'm just hoping that by making my world more healthy I'll stay stronger and healthier and not have to go through what these patients do... Anyway, thanks again for the encouragement!
2762 days ago
HI! You live somewhat close to me! I am in Toledo. We have a lot in common it looks like. We are the same age, and it looks like you were married in 2005 too. How funny! I am excited to find someone who is also a fellow Zumba lover. I can't wait to try my DVDs out!
2893 days ago
Hey Girl, Just thought that I would thank you for introducing me to the website...still trying to get on the full band wagon, but I haven't definitely made some small changes that are helping. See you in a week!!!
3004 days ago
HI! As a team leader for the Sterling Heights Sparkers team I am trying to stop by and visit everyone's spark page. I am glad you are part of our team! If you haven't checked out the leaderboard for our team... you should. You are up in the top portion points wise. Keep up the good work! I also live in Sterling Heights. :)
3339 days ago
Looks like you are doing great on your goal! Just thought I'd say congrats and wish you the best for the new year! :)
3358 days ago