I noticed a comment on Kerrylynn's site and below is the answer.
How to map your walking/running route for accuracy and to calculate accurate calories
Monday, December 24, 2012
The steps below will enable you to route out your walking/running route to determine the accurate route and to calculate based on your weight the accurate calories and time of exercise and most important you can save it for future use. It does take a little time to map you route, but it is worth it.
1. To create a custom route, Click "my Fitness" on the "My Trackers" tab.
2.Scroll to the button and Click "Map My Route"
3. Enter your zip code and Click "GO."
4. Click "Create New Route."
5. Input the starting street address only and Click the "Start Here" button.
6. The map itself is not accurate, to correct this, on the map Click the "Satellite" button.
7. On the left side Click the "+" at the top of the scale to zoom in on your start location.
8. If the green balloon is at the wrong start location click on it (it will disappear), not Click on the correct start location this will create a new green balloon. *** As you map your route you will need to move the map, is you left click and move your mouse (cross hairs let you know you are doing it correctly), the map moves in the direction you move the mouse. Once you move the map where you want take your finger off the mouse left clicker.
9. Move the mouse to the next location along your route and click it, a red balloon is created, the red balloon is always the last imputed location data, the others will turn white (Lines are created from one balloon to the next) (on the left side you will see the number of miles as you enter the data). Straight path require fewer balloons to map, curve need shorter intervals between balloons to recreate the curve. *** If you run to a stopping point and return on the same path to return to your starting point, when you get to the point where you turn around, click the "and Return" box on the left.
10. Give your route a name and click the save button at the bottom of the page.
If you have any problems or questions, you can post my sparkpage or send me sparkmail. I am usually on most of the time.
Hi there! Thank you for the friend add...so glad you popped by my page. I think it's a much mentally healthier way to look at our journey's...not by having the willpower but making the choice to eat good food or not so good food...the choice to exercise or take a day off. It's a whole other mindset when we realize that this journey really is within our ultimate control. So whether it takes 6 months of 2 years...it's our call. I have learned so much these past 20 months losing this weight...no it hasn't been easy but it's been worth everything I've learned so far....and I am sure I've got loads more to learn...we'll get there!! :) Have a blessed week :) 1251 days ago