This is our space to record stats and challenges and encourage each other.
WK 1- 1 hr cardio and 10 glasses H2O
WK 2- Add new workout to current program
WK 3- 7 hrs cardio for the week
Track every bite and stay within calorie range
WK 4- We are the blog responders so we need to post a reply to at-
least 3 blogs per day with encouraging words, tips, personal
WK 5- Challenge yourself to post a kind note on a different teammate’s page each day.
-Whatever you are doing for cardio, challenge yourself to do it one additional day this week. If you are working out 3X per week, do 4, etc… If you are already working out 7 days a week, add 5-10 minutes to your daily cardio.
- Try a new strength training exercise and post your experience here or within your team thread.
- I hope everyone is drinking at least 8 glasses of water today, but whatever you are drinking add another 8 ounces to your daily goal.
- Share with the group what things you can do now that were difficult before you started to lose weight.
- Last, but not least - eliminate all soda, fried foods, and any sweets from your diet this week.
WK 6-This week the challenge is to eat at least 5 to 6 servings of fruits and veggies along with at least 25 grams of fiber. Along with exercise we have to make correct eating choices. Use the Quick Track to keep count of your servings per day. So for this week I want you all to focus on eating right.
For exercise I want you to work as hard as you can during the time you set for yourself. Let's sweat off those pounds. So focus on getting the most out of the time you have allotted for yourself.
WK 7- N/A
WK 8 - We are going to be focusing on sleep and what can help us get better quality sleep. Below are a couple of articles I found on Sleep patterns. Please read and either post something about the articles or share with your own group your sleeping issues, good habits or qualms about getting an appropriate amount of sleep! Also, the goal for the week is to get your recommend amount of sleep, usually 7 - 8 hours each night and report to your individual teams. Lets see how we can do!!
The Sleep Quiz
Nutrition Tips & Supplements for Insomnia
31 days to Better Sleep
Wake Up Naturally to a More Energized Day
WK 9 - 1. Take a look at your goals from September, see how you did, and work out new ones for October
Remember to take into account: Halloween (Candy), possibly starting X-mas shopping and being at the calorie filled malls, the colder weather (I always get huge cravings with cooler weather), and all that you want to accomplish this month!
2. Keep up the water!! 8 glasses/day ... cold weather sucks all the moisture from your skin (I can feel it already, and it's only in the 60's here)
3. Pick a muscle group and really focus on that this week... do related strength training..
WK 10 - First, I would like for everyone to please get in at least 45 mins of Cardio a day. We also need to put in that much needed Strength Training.
Well by this point I think that everyone should be getting at least 45 mins of some type of exercise in a day! So I just want to push you a little.
In addition to doing 45 mins of Cardio a day I want you to do something different every day. (Please spread the exercise out as needed)
Monday: 100 Jumping Jacks
Tuesday: 100 Crunches
Wednesday: 100 Pushups (On the wall, modified, or regular)
Thursday: 100 Bicep Curls (Use weights, Cans, your Children! LOL!! Anything with some weight to it) ALSO!!!! It is Thirsty Thursday! So drink an extra cup of water!
Friday: 100 Squats. ALSO this is Go the Extra Mile day! Which means to do cardio an extra 15 mins.
Saturday: 100 Reverse Crunches
You can do any variations that you want and you can move your rest day any where you would like! If you already do Strength Training in the GYM, Sparkpeople, and DVD’s at Home or what ever you feel comfortable with, please add these additional things in Everyday!
Let's get this week pumped up while we get pumped up!!
Week 11 and I hope you're all still going strong. There are some awesome DONE girl teams in this challenge that are a great source of support and encouragement. So here's my challenge:
1. make contact with your group at least once daily...every group has am existing thread going, so get out there and say "hi" AGAIN!
2. mini circuit training to be DONE daily-
-25 lunges each leg
-25 push ups (any variation)
Do this training twice daily...come on, you can do it!
What's this? Simple. Productive thinking is POSITIVE thinking. The only way for positive thinking to be productive is if it is TRUTHFUL. If you replace negative thinking with positive thinking that isn't centered in truth, then you are only kidding yourself-NOT HELPING YOURSELF-and you will not make progress toward your goal. When honesty is involved, your positive thinking will be "truly" productive! So, talk among your groups...what lies have you told yourself and how are you going to be a productive thinker???
Wk 12~Hopefully everyone is still hanging in there. I know i have not been as consistant as I should but i have not given up. But my turn has come at such a great time for me. As was brought up by one of team 10's leaders it might be a time for REDEDICATION!!! So for this week Its all about having the right mind set for this journey. So this week I am asking for 3 things:
1. That one day this week you write your goals of what you want to accomplish by the end of the year; if they need to be reassessed thats fine but right it down. They say that if you write it down you are more likely to accomplish it than if you never do.
2. Pick 1 thing that you want to improve on and work on that 1 thing this week; everyday.
3. And last spend at least 5 min a day in meditation. Whether you are religious or not you can do this. Whether its praying, sitting in silence, reflecting on your day, listening to quiet peaceful music, or laying on your bed just looking at the ceiling. What ever it takes give yourself at least 5 minutes to yourself to just reflect!
Enjoy ladies and here is to a week being in the right mind set to drop them pounds!!!
Lose 50lbs by January 1, 2009
SW: 250 lbs
CW: 252 lbs
GW: 200 lbs
SW: 255 lbs
CW: 218 lbs
GW: 205 lb
TLOV98 1ST 12/9/2008
SW: 231 lbs
CW: 179 lbs
GW: 183 lbs
SW: 230 lbs
CW: 220 lbs
GW: 180 lbs
SW: 389 lbs
CW: 382 lbs
GW: 339 lbs
SW: 224 lbs
CW: 215 lbs
GW: 174 lbs
SW: 222.4 lbs
CW: 220 lbs
GW: 172.4 lbs
SW: 259 lbs
CW: 254 lbs
GW: 209 lbs
SW: 240.3 lbs
CW: 236 lbs
GW: 190.3 lbs
SW: 264.8 lbs
CW: 258 lbs
GW: 214.8 lbs
SW: 190 lbs
CW: 190 lbs
GW: 140 lbs
SW: 252 lbs
CW: 252 lbs
GW: 202 lbs