my 2 baby girls :)
my new haircut :) 10.21.09
Jayleigh's Dedication Day & my 40th birthday :) 3.14.2010
Hi, I'm Melanie and I'm back for my 2nd round here on SparkPeople. I took a brief hiatus when I discovered I was pregnant and tried the babyfit site of SparkPeople, but the lack of activity was discouraging so I'm back. :)
My story is... within the past 3 years, I lost 90 lbs. I had about 50 or so lbs to go to reach goal- before I became pregnant. Obviously, that changes. But I have an AMAZING hubby who will help me to reach my goal now that our precious baby girl is a YEAR OLD... YIKES!! Where does the time go??!!
My eating program b/p (before pregnancy) was low carb/lean protein and it worked very well for me. I'm not sure that I can do that one again, though, so me & the hubby are trying out new things to find our perfect balance. :)
* be HEALTHY, be FIT, be BLESSED! :) *
* "THEREFORE, WHETHER YOU EAT OR DRINK, OR WHATEVER YOU DO- DO ALL TO THE GLORY OF GOD." -- 1 CORINTHIANS 10:31 *
* "So we fix our eyes NOT on what is SEEN, but ON WHAT IS UNSEEN. For what is SEEN is TEMPORARY, but what is UNSEEN is ETERNAL." -- 2 Corinthians 4:18 *
Now about me... :)
I'm a 40 yr old, divorced, Christian mother of 5 beautiful girls- Holly- 25 (yes, 25! lol), Faith- 20 & Brianne- 15, ^^Kalann Joy^^ (in Heaven for 7 yrs now) and my precious little Jayleigh-bug- 1 :) Over the years I gained a significant amount of weight for my small, 5'3" frame- mostly due to a problematic pregnancy 7 yrs ago w/^^Kalann Joy^^. One day, about 3 yrs ago, something in me snapped & I just decided I didn't want to be unhealthy anymore. One night, my oldest shocked me when she started crying & said "Mom, I'm worried about you. You're not healthy & I don't want to lose you." This was an eye-opener for me. Then I had a health scare & I thought- truthfully, what difference would it make if I died from THIS thing that I CAN'T control, when EVERYDAY I'm CHOOSING to kill myself by what I put in my body? And by not moving! I started making significant changes in what I ate & I started DRINKING WATER! LOTS OF IT!! & I started MOVING! I lost 65 pounds in 8 months & it was a great start, but I had more to go. Then my Dad died the following yr, very suddenly, & my discipline went out the window. All I ate was hospital food (crap), fast food that was around the hospital (crap), or what the church brought- none of which was good. We got fried chicken THREE times- in ONE DAY!! lol A year later, I got back on my program, but just couldn't seem to make it *stick* for some reason. I'm not sure why, but I had a lot going on during that time and think I just didn't have the same will or determination to do it. But life has changed for me. :) I have an AMAZING hubby who is an awesome inspiration to me and highly motivates me. I sometimes tease him that I've created a monster in him, since I was the one to actually get him started on his health journey about 2 years ago. lol But he took everything he learned from me, did research on his own, and now has become an incredible inspiration to many, many others. I'm SO very proud of him!! :) He would be the *amazing* TXHRT4U. ;)
* "I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved." ~ PSALM 16:8 *
* It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. -- Teddy Roosevelt *
* "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -- Aristotle *
* "The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince." -- Vince Lombardi *
* "There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results." *
* "A 'man' who wants something will find a way; a 'man' who doesn't will find an excuse." *
* "Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of those that matter the least." *
* "If ones motives are wrong, nothing can be right." *
* "His divine power has given us EVERYTHING for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness." -- 2 PETER 1:3 *
* "The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." -- 1 SAMUEL 16:7b *
* "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." -- PSALM 139:14 *
* MOTIVATION determines WHAT you do...
ATTITUDE determines how WELL you do it...
ABILITY is what you CAN do!!! *
* A dream is a wish your heart makes;
a goal is a dream that has an author. *
* "You never will be the person you can be if pressure, tension and discipline are taken out of your life." *
* "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the JOY set before him endured the cross." -- Hebrews 12: 1-2 *
My personal goals are just that- very personal. ;) They really only mean something to me. Of course, the main thing is that I want to be healthy and fit. I want to like what I see in the mirror. These are all givens. But I also want to know that the "me" that I am is the best possible "me" that I can be. :)
Was GROSSLY overweight a few years ago and lost 90 lbs doing my own thing- lean protein/low carb and my own workout program (1 hr treadmill, 1/2 hr power bike & 1 hr strength training/weights) 6 days a week.
NOW, part of my goals are to lose the 50 lbs I put on during and since my last pregnancy (insert sad face here) and go on to finish my original goal. After that, we go *hardcore* and I will recap this section then. ;)
Haven't figured out my nutrition plan just yet. I had good success with the lean protein/low carb. My hubby- being the P90X GURU (and Team Leader) that he is, I will be doing Chalean Extreme at his suggestion, at some point.
Previously, it was:
* Lean Protein/Lo-Carb
* Working out- in some form- 6 days a week
* Staying committed, staying focused, staying DISCIPLINED!
* Keeping a journal
* Charting progress
* USING SPARKPEOPLE :)
I live with my hubby in East Texas with our precious Jayleigh-bug (1) and oldest Brianne (15).
I have mostly lived in the DFW area of Texas- I've been a Texas girl my whole life. ;) I'm a Christian, first and foremost, Wife and Mom and everything else next. :)
My facebook page is:
Look me up! :)
My passion is writing, my hobby is scrapbooking, my love is the Lord, my joy is my girls, my heart rests with the man I am blessed enough to call my own. My life is- mine. :)
My dedication is in getting my priorities in the right order and all the rest will fall into place... 1) GOD 2) HUBBY 3) CHILDREN 4) EVERYTHING ELSE :)
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 43.4