"Me" @ the beginning.
"Me" 100 lbs loss
"Me" at my goal weight! I will get there!
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 50.0
Fire up those Sneakers and Fall in Love with Walking and You Can Walk Your Way to a Healthier, Slimmer You!!
244 days ago
stopping by to remind you that when we commit to losing weight, we need to create small realistic goals that are attainable. Small goals could be anything like getting in your daily serving of fruit and vegetables.
Remember when it comes to vegetables, we are just talking your typical tomato, carrot and celery to eat or snack on. When it comes to vegetables then are many to chose from like kale, collard greens, mustard greens and other dark leafy greens. The darker green the leaf the more fiber the vegetable has and the better it is for your digestion.
We also have purple, yellow and orange carrots, purple potatoes, red, green and yellow onions. Then there is whole multitude of other vegetables like summer, butter, winter, pumpkin squashes, radishes can be white or pink, even red. Then look at those beautiful black egg plants they to can come in different colors. The point is don't be afraid to experiment with different types of foods. And let's not forget our fruits, they can be sweet or sour, you can use them for desserts, smoothies, juices, snacks and so much more if you are a creative cook.
If you don't like water, this too can be another small goal, try making a goal to drink at least 5 glasses of water 5 days a week.
And most importantly when you reach your small goal, don't forget to reward yourself with a non-food reward for achieving that goal.
Then it is time to move the goal up a little. Like the water from 5 glasses to 6 per day.
And also you will want to "Fire up your sneakers to get at least 10+minutes of exercise at least 3-5 times a week." I know you can...You are ready to take that first step and commit yourself to a "HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE".... "A HEALTHIER NEW YOU"....
I am here with you......
247 days ago
If you or anyone you know are having trouble tracking or are stuck in a plateau, then please read this or share it with your spark friends.
Remember attaining weight loss is possible and permanent weight loss is absolutely doable. If you are will to start changing your life and lifestyle one habit at a time. After all that is how we learned how to talk, walk, dress, bathe and eat. Was one step at a time. Our Mothers and fathers were very good at teaching us what they knew.
But, most of them did not know what healthy eating was. Not really. Nothing like a dietician would know. So remember when starting out you want to set up small attainable goals. Even if you are having trouble anywhere in your weight loss journey, you may just want to take a step back and look at where you are actually at.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
1) Are you where you want to be?
2) Are you losing weight?
3) Are you really tracking everything that you eat?
4) Are you being completely honest with yourself?
5) Are you setting realistic goals?
6) Are you drinking your daily water?
7) Are you eating at least 2 fruits daily?
8) Are you eating at least 3 vegetables daily?
9) Are you getting at least 10+ minutes of exercise daily?
10) Are you getting any me time? This is the most important one.......
Drinking 8 cups of water.....every day is very important to stay hydrated.
• Eating at least 2 fruits and at least 3 vegetables every day will help keep you full longer and ensure that you are getting enough fiber
• Not eating in front of the TV....you do not want to be distracted, enjoy your meal and put down your fork or spoon between every bite, while sipping water. It takes at least 20 minutes to ensure the brain starts to signal the stomach that you are getting full.
• No soda or sweet drinks....you will want to cut out as much refined sugar as possible, lowering your risk of diabetes.
• Eat breakfast every morning: This is the most important meal of the day, you need at least 300 - 400 calories to start your day and get your metabolism reeved up for the day.
• No candy, cake, potato chips or other high carb junk food, instead try a piece of fresh fruit, granola, veggie slices or nuts. Sometimes even a glass of water can keep hunger at bay. Try it infused with slices of fruit or veggies.
And if you are stuck in a plateau, try mixing up your exercise routine. A strength training program, with some cardio and walking the pounds away may be just what the doctor ordered. Talk it out with a trainer, a dietician, your doctor or weight loss buddy may also be an answer too.
Just do what it takes for you..... what works for one, may not work for you.
I love all of you and want each one of you to be successful in your journies! KEEP ON SPARKIN'
254 days ago
Our new Mantra~
My body is a marvelous machine and when I take care of it, It meets my every expectation!
257 days ago
As I was visiting working my spark challenges, I read so many comments concerning regaining the weight after reaching goal weight.
This concerns me, my friends, as I too have regained some weight. Even though I hadn't reached my goal weight. I had slipped into depression and had stopped exercising. I do know the reason behind my weight gain.
I would like to point out that this is not a diet, it is a way of life. It is not something you do to fit into that special dress or to look good for your daughter's up coming wedding or your reunion. This has to be a new learned way of eating healthy for the rest of your life and exercising regularly. I cannot stress it enough that this must become a life style for you it YOU WANT to remain at your healthy goal weight.
Once you get to your goal weight, you may want to discuss with your doctor on how best to increase your calories for weight maintenance. Yes, I said increase your calories. You will slowly increase your calories just a little, in order to maintain that new you. But you must continue to exercise in order not to regain weight.
Again, I cannot stress this enough that you need to talk to your doctor or even a dietician. Losing weight and exercising is a great way to get in shape, but there is so much more to maintain that new found health.
I want all of you to be Happy Healthy and Fit.....read, research and talk to fitness experts, doctors and dieticians.
260 days ago