This pose brought to you by Ehlers Danlos. No, it doesn't hurt.
It's a kitten *facepalm* for Ehlers Danlos awareness! Credit: www.facebook.com/YouKnowYouHaveEdsWhen
Gastroparesis and digestive tract paralysis is not a rare condition. Educate yourself!
Imagine being sick and in pain nearly every time you eat. Imagine feeling like you have the flu every day for years. Imagine having a migraine every day for as many as 20 years. Imagine waiting most of your life for doctors to figure out some diagnoses, then having most treatments fail. Now imagine how important it is for me to live the best life I can through all of this.
My medical conditions include:
Gastroparesis, Ehlers Danlos, Orthostatic Intolerance, Complex & Atypical Migraine, Status Migranosus, Fibromyalgia, Mitochondrial Disorder, Chilblains, Reactive Hypoglycemia, GERD, and Eosinophilic Esophagitis.
If you want to know about my conditions or how they affect my life, PLEASE ASK. I have no problem spreading awareness and doing my best to help others learn to live with these conditions as best they can. The symptoms cause severe disruptions to my life, so I've had to learn to think outside of the box to do what I must do whenever I can. I enjoy supporting others on their journeys. I've never been overweight, but I definitely understand great challenges and overwhelming odds so I do my best to give others ideas about how to make the changes they need to make to reach their goals.
If I can help you on your journey, especially if you have a medical condition I have, please let me know. Supporting others helps me feel productive and relevant.
* I want to live my life as best I can, circumventing challenges and proving that I am still able to do some things.
* I will continue to work alongside my doctors to figure out ways to minimize symptoms and complications of my conditions.
* In early 2013 I want to self-publish a fundraiser book. At some point I want to finish a novel I've been working on for years and have it published nationally.
* By April 2013 I want to take a trip to Covington, GA - to take a Vampire Diaries set tour. Any other TVD fans out there?
* I am continuing to find information about my conditions and doing what I can to make things better.
* I am working on being positive, even when surrounded by negatives.
* I am supporting others whenever I can to help me feel worthwhile.
* Hello, my name is Sheri.
* I'm young enough to be trouble, but old enough to know better. (early 30s)
* I grew up in small town WI, but now live in the Twin Cities metro of MN.
* I'm disabled and unable to work, as dealing with my conditions, treatments, and doctor appointments has become like a full time job.
* I have a cat named Tane (short for Albertane). He's my family.
* I love music, but what I like is not predictable - I have a wide range, but I won't listen to just anything. Most of the music I like is from bands and musicians I know personally, or have met through someone I know.
* I enjoy several tv shows, including: Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Arrow, Criminal Minds, NCIS:LA, and the Ellen DeGeneres Show.
* I didn't like hockey until I moved to MN - now I love watching the Wild.
* I enjoy reading books, though it's become harder to concentrate enough. Still, I spend a lot of time in waiting rooms so I do read to exercise my brain.
* My SN comes from the following lyric: "what was it you said, you'd keep me in one piece, one state of denial, what you didn't get inside me was one thing, one place in my mind, mine" - Circles in the Ground ~ Skywynd
Secrets of Success
Thanks for commenting on my blog. :) I am going to get my blood sugar checked and a chem panel done soon.
It's definitely not easy to change your view of the world but I have my good and bad days. Sometimes, it's just a bad moment. I will keep working on this.
I am so glad your cat us doing well. :) I know he means everything to you and I know he has a long road ahead but I wish you both the best.
680 days ago
Thank you for adding me to your friends!!
683 days ago
Thanks for telling me about the show. Her being on furniture does not bother us but her bit of aggression does along with a few other habits.
Luckily, most of us have been pretty patient. :)
I hope you are feeling as well as possible today.
692 days ago
I understand what you mean about the high iron affecting the pain. Even though I have pain in all my joints, the chronic pain I always have in my left hip is the worst, and I had a lot of inflammation there before all this started.
I'm glad I can get both the "oscopopies" done on the same day too, and I feel better knowing that everything is going to be checked out.
813 days ago
I Am not being non compliant. I talk about a lot of things and don't hold back too much. If I am willing to share as much as I do in a public setting, of course I would share more in a private setting. I talk about things that possibly lead to the way I think/feel. Lots of them but there are also comments she made that she didn't have to make. I don't just talk about my fears and worries but other stuff too. How I was treated, comments that could have triggered the way I think, etc. I have been very willing to try different things.
904 days ago