How the Light Gets In - raku mask
This is the first piece I ever made. It started as an accident.
Pour Us - earthenware
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
I'm a tired worker bee planning to retire within 2 years. Also an artist and wanna-be writer, and a quiet, introverted person. When I was in grade school in the 1950s there were few fat children. I was the only fat kid, as I remember. From teenage years till about the age of 40 I gained a little weight every year, reaching 307 in about 1998. I've lost and gained since then, but losing a little more than gaining, reversing the trend of my earlier life. My concerns are mobility issues as I age. I dislocated my knees numerous times as a kid & had several knee surgeries. I got less active due to recovering from previous injuries and avoiding future injuries. This contributed to me changing from a plump active teenager to a sedentary fat adult. I had one knee replacement 6 years ago, and while I can walk now, which without the surgery would not be the case, I lost range of motion in that knee. Want to keep the other knee surgery-free if possible. Less weight means less stress on that knee - duh.
When I set up this page, I wrote that my goal was to remain independent and able to get around on my own as I age. I amended that goal on Aug. 29, 2013 when I realized my goal had changed - expanded, really. I WANT TO BE FIT. I INTEND TO BE FIT. Weight loss is a side effect - a good one, but not the primary goal. Mobility ditto. Good physical health is more than healthy weight, and more than simply being mobile. It's power, flexibility, strength, endurance, agility. That's what I want and what I am working to achieve.
1) strength training 2 - 3 times per week at home or at gym.
2) HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) on the elliptical, 3 times/wk.
3) cardio workout, either in the pool or at home, on non-ST days. Also swimming laps or water aerobics after ST at the gym, when I have time.
4) Take one rest day a week if i want / need it.
5) Track workouts on Sparkpeople.
1) Eat organic, local, home-prepared food. No fast food.
2) Plan meals in advance and stick to the plan.
3) Stay low in my calorie range to maintain a deficit that will permit steady, healthy fat loss.
4) Learn to eat slowly, savor food, and be conscious and aware when I eat.
5) Track food on Sparkpeople.
1) Get at least 7 hours of sleep on weeknights - this is a problem; I often get about 5 hours of sleep on weeknights.
Born and raised in northwestern Oregon; married briefly and foolishly in California; the mom of one daughter - an excellent person by the way. I'm very introverted - an INTP for those who know Myers Briggs; I LOVE solitude. I work full time and live next door to my 81 year old mom, make sure she is doing OK. My politics are far left but I'm a political cynic; my theology is none.
I don't own a TV, and seldom go to movies or use the internet to access entertainment. Before joining Sparkpeople, I used to read, write, sculpt clay, cook, & garden for fun. Now (when not at my job) I Spark, work out, do house and yard work, and sleep - not much time for my other joys, but Sparking has vast and happy rewards to compensate. What else... I have 2 cats - or more accurately 2 cats and I share this home; it's a matter of perspective who 'has' whom. My best friends have been my friends for over 40 years. I love music! I listen to all kinds of music from all over the world via internet radio. I speak French (takes me a while to remember it but pretty well once I get going) and some Spanish.
This user doesn't belong to any groups
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 87.0