Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
ZANNACHAN is a SparkPeople Motivator!
I decided since it is no longer Halloween to decorate my page with fall leaves, because they make me happy. I always struggle as the days get shorter and this semester has been particularly rough, and fall leaves make me happy. I remember my first year at college, I collected armloads of fall leaves around campus and taped them to the window of my dorm (probably wouldn't get away with it now, as it's probably considered a fire hazard). So I'm decorating my spark page with something purely for me for once.
I am a married graduate student in the process of trying to reclaim my health. I am hoping that Sparkpeople will help me get closer to where I want to be.
My primary goal is to be healthier. I want to have more energy, less stress, less pain, and to be able to live the active life I used to have.
1) Preferably, lose 30-50 lbs
2) Gain back muscle mass and improve cardio fitness
3) Eliminate hip pain
4) Eliminate headaches
5) Eliminate carpal tunnel and tendinitis problems
6) Better manage allergies and asthma
1) Eat a relatively healthy diet without obsessing about food. I refuse to stress about whether or not I eat another slice of meat or treat myself to a bit of chocolate. I aim for moderation when it comes to food.
2) Try to work out 5 times a week, both strengthening and aerobic exercises, preferably for at least 30 minutes a work out session. These work out sessions include exercises and stretches specifically assigned by my doctor for reducing hip and hand/forearm pain.
3) Drink plenty of water, take the prescribed medications, and try to live responsibly in regards to my allergies.
I am from Michigan.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 13.1
It's nice that you speak Spanish. I lived in US in 80s and early 90s for 4 years, and saw a lot of people taking Spanish, French, and German as a second language. Also, at the time, Japanese was somewhat more popular than now among Americans, so I had some American friends who needed me as a language tutor. I agree with you that English/Japanese pair is difficult, and I needed a long period of time to prepare to be a translator, as I studied in the US high school and college, then after I came back I was still studying English mainly the literature and vocabulary. I am taking beginning German now for the third language, and it's fun. I truly hope that you will have a chance to take Japanese classes in the future.
From your writing friend in Japan. Yuki Jane
17 days ago
You have a Japanese name, -chan. I am from Japan and found you at the writer's team. I am trying to publish a book for learning EFL (English as Foreign Language) in the Japanese market. I hope you don't mind me adding you as my friend.
22 days ago
Ms Zanna Ravenclaw,
Last minute details: After your invite, you display the Team Logo on your SPpage (it doesn't have to be in #1 place but we do want to see it up in your top 6, please) and post your:
Name ~ House
DOWN in your Signature, if you haven't yet, so other Hogwartians know from whence you hail.
YIKES, my cauldron of butterbeer is overflowing!! Gotta FLY!!
HM Annie Hoggywarty
41 days ago
Ms Zanna Ravenclaw,
I *love* your SPpage, but I think you need to 'dress-it-up' with a touch of BLUE for going back to Hogwarts. Invites go out September 1st.
Can't wait to *see* you at the Castle!
HM Annie Hoggywarty (heehee!!)
59 days ago
You definitely have some challenges in terms of your DH's allergies. Is there office space where you can keep carrots, etc. for your snack times or are you still working mostly from home?
61 days ago