Make it a Gold Star Day
Me at 105 !!
WILD4STARS is a SparkPeople Motivator!
THANK YOU for visiting my SparkPage
It's not just weight control. It's about healthy aging. I believe in a holistic approach to staying healthy. Prevention rather than treatment, taking care of body, mind and spirit. I am fortunate and grateful to have a strong, healthy immune system. I have not always taken good care of my body, and yet it has remained relatively healthy. It's time to reward it with better food and exercise.
"Make you the world a bit better or
more beautiful because you have lived in it."
**Edward W. Bok
"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better."
I PROMISE MYSELF.... (from The Optimist Creed)
* To be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.
* To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person I meet.
* To make all my friends feel that there is something special in them.
* To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true.
* To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
* To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.
* To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
* To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature I meet a smile.
* To give so much time to the improvement of myself that I have no time to criticize others.
* To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear; and too happy to permit the
presence of trouble.
* To think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud words but in great deeds.
* To live in the faith that the whole world is on my side so long as I am true to the best that is in me.
Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
A Return to Love
The beef industry has contributed to more American deaths than all the wars of this century, all natural disasters, and all automobile accidents combined. If beef is your idea of 'real food for real people' you'd better live real close to a real good hospital."~~~~~ -Neal Barnard, MD
1) To be healthy and fit as I age.
2) To weigh a healthy 105 pounds.
3) To maintain a healthy weight.
4) To make health and physical fitness a part of my everyday life.
5) To be the best I can be, Body, Mind and Spirit.
100% McDougall. Mostly Maximum Weight Loss plan, with a Mary's Mini tossed in as needed. Keeping it simple.
I am a 63 years young, plant eater. Looking to gain and retain good health as I age. I believe in a holistic approach to staying healthy. Prevention rather than treatment, taking care of body, mind and spirit. I am fortunate and grateful to have a strong, healthy immune system. I have not always taken good care of my body, and yet it has remained relatively healthy. It's time to reward it with better treatment.
I love to read, listen to relaxing music and watch good movies. I like nature and the outdoors. My favorite vacation place is Sedona, AZ where my husband and I love to go hiking, exploring and just relaxing in nature. I also love living in Florida where the weather is warm and mostly sunny.
This user doesn't have any public blog entries.