Shared Fitness Tracker
I don't know what happened. I've taken knocks plenty of times before, but this time it seems when I got knocked down, I never got back up. I've been feeling lousy about myself, my life for over a year, now. Nobody else is going to pull me out of this funk, so it's time I do something different. I don't know what it will take to be happy again, but I do know these three things: (1) I am isolating myself because my clothes don't fit and I can't afford to buy new ones (2) Having a goal to work toward helps me focus my mind and think positively (3) Regular exercise makes me feel good (you know....after, at least).
So, here I am. With a goal to lose weight so that I can leave my house in pants I can sit down in, a registration for a triathlon (my first) to provide a challenge to plan and prepare for, and a [somewhat tenuous] commitment to get off my ass and get some exercise even when that sounds like a miserable idea.....because the alternative has proven pretty miserable anyway.
The scale and my jeans are never going to give meaning to my life; exercise and an improved diet wont solve all my problems, but it seems like the logical first step.
(1) Take 10 minutes to sit on cushion and focus on breath each day. Relax, enjoy, move on.
(2) Strength train with ferocity 3x/week.
(3) Take responsibility for my thoughts
(4) Work to increase endurance on bike to 80 minutes by 1/25.
(5) Work to increase running speed to bring 5-mile run under 43 minutes by 1/25.
(Over the next year)
- Fit back into old jeans comfortably
- Take swim lessons
- Run a road race
- Kick ass in Sprint Triathlon
- Survive Olympic Triathlon
- Enjoy a Tough Mudder
- Get a job that adds value to my days
- Exit toxic living environment
- Go rock climbing
- Medal in my age group for an Olympic Tri
- Race in a Century
- Take GORUCK Challenge
- Return to dance in some capacity
Monday: swim 45 minutes, bike 40 minutes
Tuesday: run 45 minutes, strength train (legs, back, abs)
Wednesday: swim 45 minutes, bike 40 minutes
Thursday: run 45 minutes, strength train (chest, back, abs)
Friday: swim 45 minutes, bike 1 hour
Saturday: run 45 minutes, strength train (arms, shoulders, abs)
Sunday: stretch for 30 minutes and then sit on my butt and rest!
When classes resume in January, I will reevaluate and adjust. In the meantime, this should keep me busy enough to forget the holidays I'm not celebrating.
Secrets of Success
| Pounds lost: 1.4