As of 12/06/11 I've banished 41 pounds since January 2011, for a grand total of 76 pounds GONE since 2008! I still have far to go, and like every good journey, mine has not been a straight line...
I'm a dynamic, formerly thin & active person who gained when I was bedridden with an autoimmune disease. My thyroid function was affected, and in less than 2 years I'd gone from planning a skydive to having so much poundage I wasn't sure if it was even possible to lose it. ...
In 2007-08 I lost 70 pounds...34 of it with SP under screen name LAROCKRGRL (The old blogs are still there). Then I got sick again and went up, for a net of 35 pounds gone. The good news is, I was able to maintain the 35 during my recoup from the relapse. A small victory is better than no victory, and I certainly hadn't lost the whole war!
In December 2010 my body finally felt strong enough for more, so I came back to SP to pick up where I left off and get rid of more upholstery...as well as to finally fix years of extreme dieting. As luck would have it, when I came back, I couldn't find my login info for my old screenname, LAROCKRGRL so I needed a new name.
Deepak Chopra says that new cells are constantly replacing our old ones, at such a rate that periodically, you literally become a whole new person...Hence, THISYEARSMODEL, like a car or high tech gadget. Our bodies are a bit of both, and I'm not the same person I was or will be.
Welcome to wherever you are!
As of 10/8/11 I'm at my lowest weight since 2006.
My Tumblr blog contains content I don't post on SP because I don't want to give up the copyright ownership to SP (read the Terms-- SparkPeople owns our content). That's where I also post photos of what I ate with details on how to make it. If you follow me on tumblr, I follow back:
For the first 3 weeks my goals didn't involve weight loss: just tracking, drinking water, & taking my vitamins every day at the correct times. In the past I failed by taking on too many goals & burning out. Not this time!
1. Update 10/8/11: 100% of foods tracked daily since 1/1.
2. Jan 1-22: Take my vitamins every day, at the correct times. --Update 12/06/11: Missed 1 day in April.
3. Drink 6-7 glasses of water per day. (Due to health issues, 8 is too hard on my kidneys.) --Update 12/06/11: Not less than 6 since Jan 1, plus more on hot, humid days.
Rather than looking at the huge number, my goal was to lose 10 pounds. Update 3/24/11: DONE!
After doing that the next goal was to lose 10 more, then 10 more, then... It's a lot easier to lose 10 pounds 11 times than it is to lose 1 pound 110 times. (12/06/11: 4.1 times down, 6.9 more to go!)
1. Track everything I eat, every day. No exceptions.
2. Beginning 01/15/11, only one 6-oz soda per day. --Update 12/06/11: Goal met & exceeded. Was at 3 per week on Jan 1 & had a total of
6 since Superbowl Sunday 2011.
3. Real food only! I haven't done fake sweeteners since 1998 and no longer support the diet food industry. I follow my own balanced plan; SparkPeople's is too high carb for my body's needs.
4. On 5/11/11 I began walking every day, starting with 5 minutes per day in my living room 5 times per week. It was too much for my endocrine system & I had a mild relapse so on 6/29/11 I began again with 2 minutes 2x a week. A week later I added simple ballet exercises (plies & arm exercises). 2 weeks after that I began alternating ballet arm exercises with strength training arm exercises with no weights. The last week in July I added 1.5 pound weights.
5. I don't use the word "lost" in reference to weight. I don't miss it, so it's banished.
My SparkPeople user ID is an inside joke, because I like being behind a camera instead of in front of one. My blogs are personal enough, thanks!
I swear in my blog. It keeps me from eating my emotions. I contain myself here via the use of the words "bleeping" and "bloody" and a liberal dose of asterisks & other symbols. I swear unabashedly on my Tumblr blog at thisyearsmodelblog.tumblr.com
Pounds banished since 1/1/11: 41
GRAND TOTAL GONE: 76 pounds!