Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
How hard is it to lose weight when you have fibromyalgia?
I'm in the process of finding that out.
Let's do a list.
10 Things About The Girl in Yoga Pants
1. I used to sell drugs for a living. Legally, that is. Pharmaceuticals.
2. I'm a coffee addict with attention-deficit disorder (ADD).
3. I used to study martial arts (kung fu, aikido, kickboxing, and tai chi) three hours a day, four days a week.
4. I used to be a personal trainer and fitness instructor, too.
5. I gave birth to my third child, a sweet baby boy, in October 2011.
6. The pregnancy was stressful, literally tore my body apart, and resulted in the onset of fibromyalgia and a bunch of other things that I really don't want to talk about.
7. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in May 2012.
8. I've gained 88 pounds in two years.
9. I'm fat as a bear, constantly in pain, and I friggin' hate it.
10. I started a blog, thegirlinyogpants.com, in April 2012 to write about my weight loss efforts, but it turned into a fibromyalgia rant, so now I just write about whatever floats through my head, and I make it as hilarious as I can.
Fibromyalgia has pretty much shut me down. I can't work, keep the house clean, or do fun stuff anymore - and I'm sick of it! I don't want to live like this. I want my life back!
These are my goals:
* Less pain.
If I can get that much, yay me!
Superficially, I'd like to get back to what I was before:
* Size 8
* 170 pounds
(No, the weight isn't a typo. I've been lifting heavy weights since I was 14, so underneath this mush I'm solid and much stronger than I look - when I'm not dying of fibro).
I am gritting my teeth and powering through the chronic pain and stiffness of fibromyalgia to exercise and be as active as I can.
My main weapon is a Pilates Reformer to help me stretch and re-train my muscles gently, so I don't feel like I got hit by train after working out.
For whatever reason, eating trail mix (walnuts, almonds, cranberries, and blueberries) throughout the day has helped me lose weight and maintain the loss in the past, so I'm going to get back on that.
Having ADD makes it difficult for me to organize, plan, and count calories, but I've learned from past experience that it's a necessary evil, especially when I'm unable to exercise the way I should.
I tend to feel better when I stay away from processed foods, so I try to eat as clean as I can, but cannolis are cannolis, you know?
I'm a Hillbilly. I like using Southern colloquialisms in my writing, and I'd just like to say that it's totally untrue that people who cuss have limited vocabularies.
I'm just sayin'.
This user doesn't have any public blog entries.
| current weight: 192.2