Little Rock Half Marathon, 2005. I finished vomit-free, but not pain-free.
Me with Jan, my wife and best friend
please, HELP ME STOP THE INSANITY!!!
I'm badly in need of a spark; looks like I've found the right place. I'm a 38-year-old journalist living in northwest Arkansas with my wife (also a new Spark person) and our small menagerie. I'm a five-year member of Weight Watchers who lost 80 pounds between 2002-04, but lack of due diligence led me to gain 40 of it back. Now I'm ready to get rid of what I regained, and then some. WW is a great program that works, but I need a change of scenery, less obsession with numbers and a greater focus on overall well-being. My wife found this site, encouraged us to do this together and we're excited to be a part this community!
* Get down to a lean, mean 215
* Break 90 on the golf course
* Become a proficient guitarist
* Complete a triathlon within the next year
* Learn to speak semi-fluent Spanish within the next year
* Get our home and yard looking sharp
* Get/keep finances in order so we can afford to travel the world, one awesome vacation at a time
I've just begun the suggested weekly meal plan from this site. For exercise, the plan is regular yardwork, walking and a basic strength program that I can build on gradually.
I have a variety of interests, primarily sports, music, reading, animals, comedy, travel, history, archaeology, psychology and skepticism.
This user doesn't have any public blog entries.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.