July 1st 2009 37 pounds lighter!
My Vision Collage
I AM A RED WARRIOR IN THE BATTLE. I AM GROWING STRONGER EVERYDAY!
I have 14 pics in my gallery
Beginning a journey for me
Hi! I am Roxie. I am on a journey of lifestyle adjustments to become a healthier, happier, self contented woman. I have been overweight for the last 16 years and I am ready to make the needed changes in my life. I have set my goal to go from 240 pounds to 140 by January of 2010. I know this could prove to be a very difficult road to travel, but I feel in the long run it will be worth it. In my past attempts I have given up when the going got too tough. I would get frustrated and confused ...
Hi! I am Roxie. I am on a journey of lifestyle adjustments to become a healthier, happier, self contented woman. I have been overweight for the last 16 years and I am ready to make the needed changes in my life. I have set my goal to go from 240 pounds to 140 by January of 2010. I know this could prove to be a very difficult road to travel, but I feel in the long run it will be worth it. In my past attempts I have given up when the going got too tough. I would get frustrated and confused on how to keep up with what, when and how much I need to eat. I now know that I am an emotional eater and crave high carb snacks to comfort me. I am learning to identify other areas in my life that I need to make positive changes to see positive results. I quit smoking September 10th 2008 (Using Chantix after only 2 days) One Goal Met! I started exploring the sparkpeople website around Jan 8th, 2009. I have already made major adjustments to my eating habits based on tracking what I eat and when. The biggest change I have made is adding a lot of exercise to my schedule. Can you believe it? Me...the major couch potato, exercising? I actually look forward to my walks and getting out my hand weights and even my stability ball work outs. Every movement helps! That is my main goal...Just get moving and stay in motion!
“The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.”
"You have powers you never dreamed of. You can do things you never thought you could do. There are no limitations in what you can do except the limitations of your own mind." -- Darwin P. Kingsley
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day, and while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God (or to your higher power or meditate) about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, ' My purpose is to__________ today. I am thankful for______________ '
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life is not fair, but it is still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it will not spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ' In five years, will this matter? '
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD (depending on your beliefs) heals everything - but you have to ask Him (translate to your religion).
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job will not take care of you when you are sick.
Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night, before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for__________. Today I accomplished_________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You will be smiling before you know it.
Sweatsuit 2 Swimsuit Bootcamp Weigh ins
5/31/2009 204.0 woo hoo 4.4LBS Gone *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
My 1st Challenge : (SP Class of Jan 4-10, 2009)
Easter "Climb" Empire State Building Challenge 1860 steps to the top (50 step-up sets each leg daily)
3/4-3/27 2260 step-up sets GOAL MET!
2nd Spring to Summer Challenge Walk the Appalachian Trail Total miles 2175 with SP Class of Jan 4-10, 2009
4/17- 5.2 miles
4/19- (4.0 miles+ 6.0 miles)
4/21- (4.0 miles + 1.0 miles)
8/20-2.00 =(250.88 on the appalachian trail)
I have actually walked 396.88 miles since 3/2/2009
| current weight: 213.0
Interact with RSCOZZAFAVA
Member Since: 1/8/2009
Fitness Minutes: 13,844
*To ultimately go from 240lbs to 140lbs .
*Move it! Move it! Move it!
*Consistently make healthier choices.
* To add more "Spice" to all aspects of my life
JAN-FEB~Goal met!reward: digital scales/stability ball
reward: New Walking Shoes/5# Weights
MAR-APR ~Goal met!
reward: DVD Player/Workout DVD
APR-MAY ~Goal met!
reward: Mini Trampoline
MAY-JUN ~Goal met!
reward: IPOD Shuffle
JUN-JUL ~Goal met!
reward: 1 WEEK GETAWAY CHALET IN GATLINBURG,TN
Happy 20 years My Sweet Dominic!!!
JUL-AUG ~not consistent/regroup and recommit
Track my foods and exercises daily.
Make better food choices.
Eat more fruit/veggies.
Drink 8 cups water or more daily
Walk somewhere daily HARD & FAST!
CARDIO 30-60 minutes 6 days a week.
Strength Training 30-45 minutes 3 days a week.
Challenge myself in some way daily.
Learn to love every sparkin' minute of my life!
Born: FEB 27 1961
I am employed as a Customer Service Rep.
Happily Married 20 years with
one 16 y/o daughter.
Enjoy crafts of all types. An avid reader of all types of books including: Fantasy/Sci-fi/Adventures/Mysteries/Histor
ical fiction. Some of my favorites: Phillip Pullman "His Dark Materials" Trilogy, Garth Nix Abhorsen series and I loved the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. Anita Diamants "The Red Tent" and anything by Sue Monk Kidd and of course "The Devine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood" by Rebecca Wells