A very windy spot in Ireland!
Crossing the finish line at the Kenosha Half-Marathon (I'm the really excited one in pink)!
Implementing the knee hang on the trapeze!
I'm Colleen, from Chicago.
I like to travel, write, make stuff, and vacuum (I know - weirdsville).
I love music, tattoos, the outdoors, and typewriters.
There's a lot of other stuff about life that makes me thrilled to be alive, but I have limited space here.
Mostly, I'm grateful for the ever-present opportunity to mold myself into who I want to be.
- Reach final weight loss goal by February 2013.
- Run a half-marathon in 2012. DONE!
- Run a full marathon in 2012. DONE!!
- Do fifty regular push-ups straight.
- Climb the stairs to my apartment without getting winded. DONE!
- Sit in a chair without having to cover my stomach with a pillow, my purse, etc. DONE!
- Yoga at least 5 days a week.
- Running 2-3 times a week, with a longer run on weekends.
- Elliptical 1-2 times a week.
- Ballet class once a week.
- Strength training 2 days a week.
- Drinking copious amounts of water.
- Eating vegetables with every meal.
- Replacing sweets cravings with fruits or crafts whenever possible.
- Focusing on getting enough protein, and the right level/kind of carbohydrates for my runs.
I'm from Chicago, but I was born and raised in the wilds of Michigan.
It's official, I am now a Master of Library Science, with a concentration in Archival Studies! Any archives jobs out there? :)
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 155.0
Saw your blog about the Kenosha run. I did the full Marathon, my first. They must have gotten tired of calling out names by the time I came in, or I was too oblivious to notice.
1663 days ago
LOVE the new pics!!
Trapeze school?!? Totally awesome!!!!
1720 days ago
Saw your comment on the sleep article- you are getting the right amount of sleep- the studies say that is perfect- and I wish I had the ability to sleep that amount of sleep. I have trouble going past 6 hours most nights, although I do get 7-8 every once in a while and it is fab.
1757 days ago
yes thats where the heavy lifting needs to be done - inside the brain!
but congrats on your marathon work - that is so great!
1759 days ago
thanks for your response! So this is a common issue - kind of letting it go - I try and figure it out, why - when i see success do I not continue. Is it because other things seem more important than sticking to the plan? I know this isn't true for me because when i do get back on the scale I become mortified - and it shocks me back on the plan. 125 lbs is my goal and i'm always 5-10 lbs away from it. It's like i'm scared to really get there. I was there a few years ago and loved it. I worked out with a trainer then and it came off but I didn't keep it off. Been working with a trainer again for the past 12 months! twice a week - but I can't control my eating -so I haven't got there - even with 2 one hour grueling sessions a week of cardio, weight resistance.
1762 days ago