I can't believe I've been with SparkPeople for almost a year.
There were times things went very slowly,
and sometimes... results sped by.
This has been a learning experience:
I've learned that I can take the wheel of my life,
and steer myself into health, wholeness and control.
Like many others, I came into this program wondering if I could do it. The notion of eating healthily, regular exercise, and paying attention to myself seemed elusive.
But here I am! There were times it was a struggle, but now I
simply 'do it,' and I am all the better for it.
In fact, my daughter tells me I'm 'obsessed' with SparkPeople, and I laugh.
What I've learned?
1. Track my food!
2. Plan ahead for meals, shopping, snacks, and life!
3. Take my lunch and dinner if I'm going to be out, or working or
vacationing (yes, I took certain food when I went camping so I knew there would be healthy food that I could eat).
4. Drink the water! This was hard for me to learn because I'm always on the go, professionally, but now I take bottles with me.
Buying 16 ounce bottles of water was a brilliant idea: take a bottle when exercising, take a bottle in the car, take a botte to work, have a bottle in the evening while relaxing. All done for the day!
5. Move it! At first this was so difficult, but I've learned to get up early, and get going!
6. Get a good night's sleep.
7. when people ask, tell them to catch the 'Spark!'
8. When I overate, or made mistakes... I forgave myself,
and got right back in the swing. It's ok to eat pizza, or a hamburger, or even to go out for breakfast. Just track the foods, and adjust the rest of the day.
My life has been changed by SparkPeople, and I'm not done with my journey yet. I can't thank you all enough for your ideas, your support, your stories, your encouragement and your presence.
Spark People is a blessing.
To feel good, and take care of my health!
To lower my cholesterol and blood pressure!
1. I keep faithful to my meal tracker.
2. To keep faithful to walking every day.
3. To drink water.
4. To pay attention to my eating and drinking.
5. To give thanks for new opportunities.
I'm a professional woman in Pennsylvania. I am married, I have a grown daughter who lives in California. I love to read, listen to music and laugh with friends. My email is:
Life is good...
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| September Minutes: 708