Me, 23 Feb, 2007
Me, 29 Oct. 2006
Me, 23 Feb, 2007
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
It's nice to have a resource like SparkPeople. It's been a real pick-me-up. I have hope about weight-loss again.
1. be within the upper limit of normal on the BMI
2. continue my spiritual and personal growth through SP and the program I am studying
3. be able to wear some fine suits that I bought 15 years ago
4. be healthy as possible as long as possible
5. keep my mind alert
[modified Feb-Mar 07]
1. recording nutrition and fluid intake
2. keeping food and fluid intake to the levels that Spark recommends
3. exercising regularly
4. getting 8 hrs of sleep a night
5. learning about lifestyle change with SparkFriends
6. linking lessons from the spiritual growth program that I''m taking with overeating, esp. wanting to eat everything without limit and disregarding consequences
7. continuing to teach, consult, and write about health care ethics and to learn about new things [modified 3 Mar, 07]
Born in New Mexico, lived in the Southwest till I was 14, moved to New Jersey, where I went to college, seminary, and graduate school.
Took a brief detour from New Jersey to the Biblical Seminary in New York, where I met Dorothy, my loving, brilliant, and beautiful wife of 46 years.
We have two adult children, Peter and Lise. Peter lives near Albuquerque with his wife Susan. Lise lives in Palo Alto with her husband, Allen.
Have been a hospital chaplain with a lot of interest in relating the experience of illness with faith, death and dying, ethics, and so on.
For about 25 years was director of our institution''s program in ethics and ethics consultation service. Retired 2 yrs ago this month, but continue to work a little less than half time.
Currently working on ethics of disaster preparedness and preparations for pandemic influenza.
We love to travel. "Discovered" Newfoundland summer of 2005, the Yukon this past summer, went to Fairbanks for the Northern Lights and the International Ice Sculpting Championships in March; planned to cruise on sternwheeler, Empress of the North, in June, but it ran aground a week before our trip, so we just flew to Juneau and hung out there and in Sitka; will go to the Rose Bowl Parade this New Year's.
I love to take photographs.
| current weight: 210.0