I am all yours TEAM Walkers & Runners! Let's show our true SparkSpirit!!
Find your strong
Me on top of the world, feeling great at goal wt. 5% Challenge, to be on top of the world!
I have 63 pics in my gallery
I am not lost, I am exploring
Summer 5% challenge
I am excited for my first 5% Challenge. I am also anxious about this challenge, whether I can give enough of myself to this team. I am already planning for workouts than I have been doing recently, so I am challenging myself to get up early, before my day gets started. My time is gladly disrupted by a 10YO DD and an aging DM with ALZ. I always have trouble finding ME time, and all my ME time is normally running. I am adding my summer jump rope program to ...
Summer 5% challenge
I am excited for my first 5% Challenge. I am also anxious about this challenge, whether I can give enough of myself to this team. I am already planning for workouts than I have been doing recently, so I am challenging myself to get up early, before my day gets started. My time is gladly disrupted by a 10YO DD and an aging DM with ALZ. I always have trouble finding ME time, and all my ME time is normally running. I am adding my summer jump rope program to the mix, and some ST which I always ditch out on! Not this summer! So here’s my commitment to Team Runners & Walkers:
10 personal reasons to complete this challenge!
1. I am disappointed in myself for gaining extra weight since February and not caring enough to drop it and keep it off. I need the motivation to get back on track for the 3rd time this year. What a great way to get motivated as I am a team player. I am in it to win it!
2. I care about my weight in that I feel good and confident at or below my goal weight.
3. The extra weight hinders my running. I want to be a faster runner.
4. I want to look younger than my years.
5. I want to feel younger than my years. My bio age is 55, my real age (test) is 48.9. I want to feel like I am 10 years younger than I am now.
6. I need to look hot in my skinny jeans (and running shorts).
7. I love to be a part of a community to cheer on those around me. It is like cheering for me!
8. I love to influence the family around me to exercise more and eat healthier (just this morning I got my daughter to try my green smoothie, and she liked it!)
9. I need vital “me” time to reduce stress, stay healthy and active, and not forget that I am important too.
10. I am doing this because I was asked to join the challenge. I was not aware of this team before, and it looks like a great way to interact online. I love the sparkCommunity spirit! Spark On, Team Runners & Walkers!
In 8 weeks I will be back on track, running faster, feeling better, looking confident, looking and feeling younger, all while gaining new sparkFriendships!
I am in it to win it! Let’s do this Team Runners & Walkers!
|26 Days until: 5% Challenge Walkers & Runners
Member Since: 3/16/2013
Fitness Minutes: 32,069
I reached my 30 lb loss on Sept 6, 2013 after 9 months of fitness, running, and dietary modifications. Now in maintenance, I strive to become more fit with a regular commitment to HIIT and cardio, and continued training in running and races.
Keep on Running from dementia!
Exercise goals for 5% Summer Challenge:
I plan to Workout 5 times per week (sorry team, there will be few 120 max days) to include -
3 training runs per week, a LSR, a 5 mile Tempo run, 2-4 mile run with DD
15 mins minimum of Jumping Rope 5X/week or 75 mins/week
2 ST per week, HIIT, barre or other DVD/youtube video
With this commitment, I should easily get 360 minutes a week for the team. I will squeeze in extra 10 mins here and there as I have time!
Diet and Nutrition Summer 5% Challenge, Easy-Peasy
I am committed to a pescetarian diet, whole foods, fresh local fare whenever possible. My diet is close to the DASH diet, with lots of fruits and veggies. I do not shy away from good oils. I will track faithfully and be vigilant of my portion sizes. I will average 1200 to 1400 Kcals per day. Most important to me is my fiber intake. I eat a total of 1 cup of day in beans to keep my cravings down. I just may have to switch to high fiber veggies for the challenge, although I love my bean and quinoa burrito. (Carrots, beets, and broccoli are fiber-rich. Spinach also packs a punch at 7 grams of fiber per half-cup. Artichokes are among the highest-fiber veggies, at 10 grams for a medium-sized one.) I should have no problems achieving 9 LTGL most days unless I eat too many grains and beans.
I have reduced my added sugar intake recently, after taking the sweet tooth challenge! I will limit my intake to 11-15 tsp of
The 5% Challenge and the Weighty commitment
I have not officially weighed in for the challenge, something I am dreading. That tells you what mindset I have had lately. I have been doing the yoyo dance! I want my weight to stabilize, and now is the time. My goal weight is 139, and if I lose 2 lbs per week I could easily reach this weight again. I would be happy with 142.