Hyde Park, London
Flowers in Lake District
Lake District, England
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
I joined Spark People in January, 2011, to lose weight before my son's April wedding.
Since that time, I've lost weight, regained it, lost again... you get the picture. Spark People doesn't offer any magical solutions. It offers good advice on nutrition and exercising. It offers a network of teams, challenges and wonderful friends.
Even though I haven't reached my goal, I believe that Spark People has helped me break the pattern of gaining weight each year. I plan to follow this program for the rest of my life, and to gradually reduce my weight.
My husband and I love to travel, and I want to be able to walk, climb, explore and enjoy new places with him.
- track all food, water and exercise, as follows:
- eat NOTHING directly from the container; e.g., cereal, chips, nuts
- 8 glasses of water/day
- 5 or more fruits and vegetables/day
- lean protein every meal, eating meat, poultry, fish, eggs, cottage cheese, legumes
- eat mindfully, avoiding high sodium foods
- include afternoon and evening snack in daily meal plan
- cardio 5 times/week, minimum, including walking, cycling, treadmill, swimming, skating
- ST 3 times/week minimum including resistance band, medicine ball, stability ball, floor exercises and free weights
- born 25/09/43 in Nova Scotia, live in Southern Ontario
- wife, mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, friend
- reader, gardener, traveller, volunteer
- cat lover
- active in my church (Anglican)
Weight loss goals:
- 178 lbs. by June 30/16
- 170 lbs. by Sept. 30/16
- 165 lbs. by Dec. 31/16
Secrets of Success
| Pounds lost: 17.5
Thank you for your kind words on my Meltdown blog. It helps to just be able to vent sometimes. I appreciate your compassion.
22 hours ago
I remember Counterweight--think Ive been to them all-- You have done tremendously well with year weight loss---- Lynda
4 days ago
In some ways I've found a new home, but it's still missing a close friend component. Outside of my sister I don't have anyone to talk to. I haven't really clicked with any of the women my age at temple, though I do go out to dinner with a few of them sometimes on Friday nights. The guitar jamming group is mostly married men, a lot of fun to play with but I just sing and go home. I'm hoping maybe I'll hit it off with some of the other women in my art gallery. We have monthly meetings and attend monthly opening receptions, plus I have to serve on a committee. So at least I'm getting out around people, even if I haven't connected the way I'd like to.
You probably know me better sitting there at your computer in Canada than anyone here!
6 days ago
Comment edited on: 8/23/2016 4:59:08 PM
Hope Peter's visit with the eye dr held only good news.
6 days ago
Thanks for the goodie and for all the info on UK travels. The Internet hadn't been invented the last time I planned a major trip like this - what a difference it makes! Only 30 sleeps left till departure day Sept.24.
7 days ago