Tarik, Andres, Andy, Heba, me,Carlos, Jonathan Miguel , Allison, Rose, Miguel
Christian and his dog Lola 8/2015 Nevada
Jesus loves all the little children.
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 9.0
If you or anyone you know are having trouble tracking or are stuck in a plateau, then please read this or share it with your spark friends.
Remember attaining weight loss is possible and permanent weight loss is absolutely doable. If you are will to start changing your life and lifestyle one habit at a time. After all that is how we learned how to talk, walk, dress, bathe and eat. Was one step at a time. Our Mothers and fathers were very good at teaching us what they knew.
But, most of them did not know what healthy eating was. Not really. Nothing like a dietician would know. So remember when starting out you want to set up small attainable goals. Even if you are having trouble anywhere in your weight loss journey, you may just want to take a step back and look at where you are actually at.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
1) Are you where you want to be?
2) Are you losing weight?
3) Are you really tracking everything that you eat?
4) Are you being completely honest with yourself?
5) Are you setting realistic goals?
6) Are you drinking your daily water?
7) Are you eating at least 2 fruits daily?
8) Are you eating at least 3 vegetables daily?
9) Are you getting at least 10+ minutes of exercise daily?
10) Are you getting any me time? This is the most important one.......
Drinking 8 cups of water.....every day is very important to stay hydrated.
• Eating at least 2 fruits and at least 3 vegetables every day will help keep you full longer and ensure that you are getting enough fiber
• Not eating in front of the TV....you do not want to be distracted, enjoy your meal and put down your fork or spoon between every bite, while sipping water. It takes at least 20 minutes to ensure the brain starts to signal the stomach that you are getting full.
• No soda or sweet drinks....you will want to cut out as much refined sugar as possible, lowering your risk of diabetes.
• Eat breakfast every morning: This is the most important meal of the day, you need at least 300 - 400 calories to start your day and get your metabolism reeved up for the day.
• No candy, cake, potato chips or other high carb junk food, instead try a piece of fresh fruit, granola, veggie slices or nuts. Sometimes even a glass of water can keep hunger at bay. Try it infused with slices of fruit or veggies.
And if you are stuck in a plateau, try mixing up your exercise routine. A strength training program, with some cardio and walking the pounds away may be just what the doctor ordered. Talk it out with a trainer, a dietician, your doctor or weight loss buddy may also be an answer too.
Just do what it takes for you..... what works for one, may not work for you.
I love all of you and want each one of you to be successful in your journies! KEEP ON SPARKIN'
44 days ago
I hope you are doing well....2013 was not kind to me, but 2014 is starting out much better. Slowly getting back into gear...I hope we both meet our goals in 2014!!
944 days ago
I'm one of the many co-leaders at the Hopeful Hearts breaking free from Hurts team Look forward to hearing from you!
May Your Christmas be full of the CHEER that will last throughout eternity!
In Him, Della
ps for Christmas reality READ MY BLOG 'LISTEN'
977 days ago
Hi, as one of the co-leaders of Hopeful Hearts breaking free from Hurts team I wanted to pop around and wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy, safe and prosperous New Year! There is a lot happening in the team's forums and threads and lots of new members joining up and looking to meet new friends. I hope to see you in the forums - enjoy the rest of your day! Cheers Karen
981 days ago
I'm just dropping by to welcome you to Hopeful Hearts Breaking Free From Hurts team. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. I'll email you and your Care Group leader so that you'll know which team you're on. If you have any questions, concerns, prayer requests, or praises that you'd like to share, please feel free to share them.
Ronda, the lady with MS (The Master's Strength)
1012 days ago