My journey April to December 2009
Life's journey is one we are all on, mine has been one with equal amounts of struggles, triumphs and hard work. Top Ten Things I've learned on my journey so far:
1. No matter how I might feel about myself, I can't argue with empirical evidence, such as the tape measure or scales
2. Life is too short to get hung up on the fact that I ordered Fettucini Alfredo from Olive Garden last night, Move on, and learn from this. What can I do better next time?
3. Dessert is something that I can still enjoy in moderation, and finding new healthier recipes and ways to manage portion control and challenge myself can be kind of fun.
4. Others peoples positive opinions can serve as a spirit boost, to continue your hard work, negative opinions should be viewed as jealousy OR as justification why you should do your best to look fabulous in any light. I.e. makeup, wearing things that slim you and make you feel good!
5. You are who you are, you were born with a set of challenges, you've made your own set of challenges, and life is all about challenges.
6. Success should NOT be limited to long term goals.
7. There are fun ways to exercise.
8. "Exercise" can be incorporated "sneakily" into everything you do, i.e. housework, family time etc.
9. Utilize resources! I found I had almost an unlimited number of resources to support my health habits, books, magazines, work out vids, spark motivation and msg boards.
10. Be the best you that you can be. Don't bother with comparisons with other people. Celebrate healthy living for all, and focus on uplifting yourself.
1. Drink enough water every day
2. Lose 20 lbs by July-Aug 2010
3. Lose 20lbs by Oct-Nov 2009 (Goal Met, Oct 4, 09)
4. Try a new exercise every month
5. Go hiking once a month
6. Make time for purposeful relaxation
7. Eat 1400-1700 cal /day
8. Don't eat too many carbs (daily)
9. Eat enough protein(daily)
10. Workout for 30 min 5x week (ongoing)
400-500 cal /meal.
Reading every restaraunt nutritional info that I may be interested in.
"Eat this not that" book
Drink plenty of water (I always carry water bottle with me)
Exercise in ways that are fun for me (always)
Age 23, from middle TN , happily married 2.5 years to a wonderful guy who completes me, in graduate school for occupational therapy and working on thesis (and trying to avoid stress eating),have 5 cats, and one fish named Steve.
I love to read and re-read magazines. Weird? Idk but i find it enjoyable, and I find that I can learn something new when re-reading.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 18.4