My Favorite Flower
"The bluest skys you'll ever see are in Seattle"
I have learned to eat properly over the past months, and actually look forward to my exercise each day. It gives me energy and motivation I never knew I had in me.
I have found such a difference in the way I eat. I am so happy. Junk food rarely crosses my path and when it does, I am no longer afraid to enjoy it. I have learned portion control which is so extremly important.
So my friends, come along with me on this Journey Renewed Success in 2011. Togeather we will make a difference. One step at a time.
For those of you who wonder where or why I picked such a strange name: Ka taki tomotsin in Blackfoot means BE STRONG. Lets all be strong.
The recipe below has been copied from the Spark Page of my DEAR SPARK ANGEL, HAPPYSPIRIT. She is my gaurdian angel. I want to be able to read this everyday.
GREAT RECIPE FOR 2010!
* Take a 10 - 30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile.
It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
* Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God about what is going on in your life.
* When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, "My purpose is to_____today. I am thankful for ____."
* Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
* Drink tea and plenty of water. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
* Try to make at least three people smile each day.
* Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
* Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
* Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
* Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
* Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
* You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
* Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
* Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
* No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
* Frame every so called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this really matter?"
* Forgive everyone for everything.
* What other people think of you in unimportant. Truth is, they're probably not thinking of you at all.
* GOD heals everything -- but you have to ask Him first.
* However good or bad a situation is, it will change. Change is the ONLY constant in the universe.
* Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!
* Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
* Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: "I am thankful for _____. Today, I accomplished ____."
* Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
* When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll be smiling before you know it!
Goals: For JUNE
SHORT TERM GOALS:
Walk outside more, now that the weather is improving.
Be more consistent with my Strength Exercise.
Eat the right amt. of Carbs .
Be more mindful of the cholestrol I am eating.
Try to be more of a help to other Sparkers.
Be consistent with my cardio and strength training 6 days a week.
Have my Dr. tell me I am in great shape weight wise!
LONG TERM GOALS:
Keep active so my hips, knees and feet improve and won't hurt as much.
Walk without being winded or hurting.
Watch my Grandchildren & my Great Grand Granddaughter grow up.
Being sure I stay on track with Calories, Carbs. Fats and Proteins.
Exercising regularly. Increase my exercise monthly til I am at a healthy level. Be persistent and focused.
Log my fitness each day, and make changes to my plan when needed.
Take advantage of all the learning tools on Spark so I will keep my mind healthy as well.
I am a born Seattleite.
I am 67 y/o. I have 3 grown daughters and 5 grandchildren and my first Great-Grandchild due in Sept. My family is my world.
I have met some very wonderful Spark Friend along the way. I am so fortunate.
I am learning to accept me as I am. Healthy, and Active.. at 67. I may not look like a model, and the weight doesn't come off like I wish it would, but as long as I am eating healthy and exercising daily, I know I am okay with me.
Things I have learned in life:
"I've learned tht the best and quickest way to appreciate other people is to try and do their job."
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
I love the Arts. Stage plays, Art Museums, Rides in the forest or to the ocean
I read a lot. My favorite authors are Joel Osteen, Ann Rule and Debbie McComber.
I like crocheting but am an amateur. Painting and drawing are also hobbies of mine.
| current weight: 167.0