Hi, I'm Meg. :)
I'm fighting my way back. While I don't generally live in the past and try to live with no regrets, I'm not a fan of who I've let myself become physically. At one point in my life I was an athlete. I am a veteran. I was physically strong and in good shape and capable. I know that woman is in there somewhere, currently covered under about 100 lbs of fat, frustration, and shame. I'm trying to find her. And I know that the battle isn't just physical. It's emotional and mental too.
I've been on Spark for close to 6 years. I've lost weight, disappeared and regained, come back, tried again. And again. And again. And I will keep coming back for as long as it takes. I can't give up permanently. I have to win this one.
I want to run without knee pain.
I want to stop avoiding cameras because I don't want a record of what I look like now.
I want to wear shorts next summer without being ashamed of my legs.
I want to go to the doctor and not be told that I need to lose weight.
I want to get a physical and not worry about what my blood tests are going to say.
I want to stop having to go clothes shopping because I have nothing that fits.
Summer 5% Challenge Exercise Commitment:
1 leg workout/week
1 upper body workout/week
Diet is my downfall. Right now, I'm working on being aware of what goes into my mouth on a daily basis. I'm following the SparkPeople calorie and nutrition guidelines and using those as my basis.
- That puppy breath holds the secret to the fountain of youth.
- That the best smell in the world happens right after it thunderstorms at the Jersey shore in August. It's a combination of hot asphalt, salt air, rain, and boardwalk food.
- That every decision we've ever made has brought us to the exact point we are at right now.
- That there is a special spot reserved in hell for people who abuse children or dogs.
- That most foods can be improved by the addition of either cheese or chocolate.
- That more is better and too much is never enough.
- That alone time is good for the soul.
- And so are hugs.
- That the government needs to stay the hell out of my life and my pocket.
- That guy friends are just as important as girl friends.
- That there's a lot to be said for making your own way (legally), on your own steam, in this world, no matter how you choose to do it.
- That curling up on the couch, with the dogs, in pjs, with a good book is a perfectly
Secrets of Success
| current weight: 236.4
I'm doing okay. Exercising hasn't been a problem, but I can't seem to get my eating on track. It's been quite a struggle. And I haven't started the C25K yet; I'm second-guessing if it's worth it. I'm considering modifying my goal to simply hike Pikes Peak within a certain amount of time and with friends, as opposed to racing up a road with strangers. We'll see. I'm in a bit of a funk, I think, and until I get my eating under control, it might not matter what my exercise goals are. Sorry -- hopefully this doesn't seem too downer-y. It's time to get back on track!
1 day ago
Thanks for the goodie, *laughs* I did actually buy new jeans yesterday, I gave in to constantly hitching my jeans up like some teenage boy. They are a bit snug!
1 day ago
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for always being encouraging! You're the best!
Hope things are going well!
2 days ago
Thank you for my new jeans! How did you know I needed some? LOL
2 days ago
HI hon just read/commented on ur blog from Tues. Shows how deeply ur thinking,,,, we learn though what we face. Pondering our actions over,,, leads to a solution !
SO HAPPY you are on OUR TEAM !! WOOHOOOO Megan !! LOVE the progress ur making !!! Shows how much you care about urself !! YOU GO KIDDO !!
PS: We ALL have "those days" ,,,,, it's great that you have realized it,,, it'll be corrected as you go on. Please remember you ARE human,,, OOPS !! U ARE A DAWGGIE and well sometimes we just HAVE to be BAD (your NOT "BAD" in the word sense, but you ARE in a DAWGGIE Sense,, you KNOCKED OVER the trash can and partook ! We ALL DO IT !)
2 days ago