Hi, I'm Meg. :)
I'm fighting my way back. While I don't generally live in the past and try to live with no regrets, I'm not a fan of who I've let myself become physically. At one point in my life I was an athlete. I am a veteran. I was physically strong and in good shape and capable. I know that woman is in there somewhere, currently covered under about 100 lbs of fat, frustration, and shame. I'm trying to find her. And I know that the battle isn't just physical. It's emotional and mental too.
I've been on Spark for close to 6 years. I've lost weight, disappeared and regained, come back, tried again. And again. And again. And I will keep coming back for as long as it takes. I can't give up permanently. I have to win this one.
I want to run without knee pain.
I want to stop avoiding cameras because I don't want a record of what I look like now.
I want to wear shorts next summer without being ashamed of my legs.
I want to go to the doctor and not be told that I need to lose weight.
I want to get a physical and not worry about what my blood tests are going to say.
I want to stop having to go clothes shopping because I have nothing that fits.
Fall 5% Challenge Exercise Commitment:
Either Walk/Jog or Bike 5x/week
1 leg workout/week
1 upper body workout/week
Diet is my downfall. Right now, I'm working on being aware of what goes into my mouth on a daily basis. I'm following the SparkPeople calorie and nutrition guidelines and using those as my basis.
- That puppy breath holds the secret to the fountain of youth.
- That the best smell in the world happens right after it thunderstorms at the Jersey shore in August. It's a combination of hot asphalt, salt air, rain, and boardwalk food.
- That every decision we've ever made has brought us to the exact point we are at right now.
- That there is a special spot reserved in hell for people who abuse children or dogs.
- That most foods can be improved by the addition of either cheese or chocolate.
- That more is better and too much is never enough.
- That alone time is good for the soul.
- And so are hugs.
- That the government needs to stay the hell out of my life and my pocket.
- That guy friends are just as important as girl friends.
- That there's a lot to be said for making your own way (legally), on your own steam, in this world, no matter how you choose to do it.
- That curling up on the couch, with the dogs, in pjs, with a good book is
Secrets of Success
| current weight: 228.0
Congratulations on achieving SILVER MEMBER status in the P Weekend Piloting Club! Please feel free to use the Silver Member badge, located in "Find Badges Here" thread in your profile, blogs, or photo gallery as you like. Congratulations again!
4 hours ago
Meg !!! I hope your area hasn't gone CRAZY with the weather !! Our area was hit hard with a nor'easter over the past 24 plus hours. In Portland (Maine) they got 15 inches of snow, and I am in the Greater Portland area so likely we are about the same. Our conditions were borderline as a blizzard (the county next to ours did so). It's been NUTS gal, but hey we are MAINERS and it takes a WHOLE lot more to rattle us. LOL It was coming down sooo fast that they actually had to bring in the plows because they could not see where they were on the road IF they did remain on them !! Actually they called them in because one DID go off. LOL Those are pretty big !! An 18 wheeler went off Route 1 which runs the length of Maine blocking off the traffic. All in all it was pretty FUN !! Most places closed today but, ONLY because parking in Portland is ALWAYS the pits !! Since they wanted to plow and plow they asked businesses to close. I live on a main street in our city and you still can not see the bare payment though the storm has been over for 5 hrs. It'll be fine in the AM,,,, snow happens here all the time,,, year in,, year out.
Are things getting easier? HUGS hon !
5 days ago
Meg just thinking about ya !! I know hon you have a LOT on your plate. TY SO MUCH For turning in your exer/LTGL on Sat. It's not easy for you and we LOVE YA GAL !!
19 days ago
on your successful second week weigh in!
21 days ago
Congratulations on a successful first week with the s! Great weight loss!
28 days ago