The perfect body also needs to try and achieve perfect peace and balance.
One of my favourite bands of the moment. Can't get enough of Placebo. :-)
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
“Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become.”
This page is getting an overhaul. Long story short though, I joined here a while back and weighed less then than I do now.
I'm getting older. I'm getting fatter. I'm getting sicker. I'm tired of those three things - two I can change. One I can lie about. ;-)
I'm sorry, I stole this from someone's page whose name I can't recall, and she in turn got it from somewhere else. But it was good and I think needed to be passed around some more so... thank you ladies (or gents) for this!
Recipe for Success:
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God (or a friend) about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to__________ today. I am thankful for______________'
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, Issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words:
'In five years, will this really matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
20. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!
21. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
22. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for__________. Today I accomplished_________.
23. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
24. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll be smiling before you know it.
To live a healthier, more authentic life. One free of meds, free of self-loathing, and to generally just learn to relax and enjoy *my* life and what it has to offer!
Work in progress!
Thirty-something from Canada.
I've let things slide for a long time. I'm starting (again) but taking it slow. I want this to be permanent, not another false start and major setback.
I love purple and green.
Bettie Page is swell.
Frogs are awesome!
I'm one of *those* people - I'm hooked on Twilight.
I'm a recipe whore and love to exchange with anyone and everyone.
I have goals - I just need some help in getting there.
Music is proof that God wants us to be happy!
"They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that's true. What they don't tell you is that when it starts again, it moves extra fast to catch up."
--Albert Finney as "Edward Bloom, Sr."
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.