Me and Heaven about 20 weeks
Only half way done and huge!
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
COURTSDONEWITIT is a SparkPeople Motivator!
Hi my name is Courtnie I am 27 yrs old, I have a 3 year old daughter and just gave birth to a handsome little man. As a single mom of 2 young ones I often find it hard to fit in time for exercise but this is important to me. I am all they have and I want to be healthy for them and myself.
I really want to Thank Spark Guy for creating Spark People! I came to this site February 5th 2008 with a thought, a meer dream of losing weight. Now thanks to Spark I have goals, ambition, motivation, support and the tools I need, to know, I WILL SUCCEED!!
Since joining Spark I have lost weight... Great? Yes!! But I have gained so much more, confidence, health, energy, and most importantly, FRIENDS!! Knowing how important friends and support have been in my role to health, I extend myself to all fellow Sparkies. I am here if you too need a friend...
My name is Courtnie and I am a Spark People Motivator. I would love to give you all some lasting advice.
Take advantage all the tools spark offers you. Most importantly track track track.. Track your food, water and exercise!! These 3 things will help you over time to see what works and what doesnt!
Post Post Post! Posting feelings, thoughts, advice on the message boards will help you to relate and feel closer to other Sparkies.
Join a team, and really become involved. Find a team that is very active and offers weekly or monthly challenges!
Blog, blogging helps you to put your feelings out there and look back later and see what you have over come.
Lastly remember that this is a lifestyle change you didnt get this way over night and your not gonna get where you want to be over night!
Good Luck! And keep your head up!
A DONE GIRL POEM BY: COURTNIE MITCHELL
DONE being the fat girl, that never goes to the mall
DONE being the fat girl, that never goes anywhere at all
DONE being the fat girl, who's always choosen last
DONE being the fat girl, who people look right past
DONE being the fat girl, who's always stuffing her face
DONE being the fat girl, who always feels out of place
DONE being the fat girl, who's got a "good personality"
DONE being the fat girl, who wont except reality
DONE being the fat girl, who cries alone at night
DONE being the fat girl, who thinks shes just a fright
DONE being the fat girl, who hates everything about herself
READY to be the healthy girl, who loves everything, everything about herself...
******UNTITLED BY: COURTNIE MITCHELL*****
Im putting my feelings, here on these lines
If I dont do it now, Ill go out and dine
Then Ill be feeling fat, tired, and sad
So instead I think Ill write, about the hard times I had
Im glad I found an outlet that help keep me healthy
Maybe soon Ill find an outlet that helps make me wealthy
Until the time I figured that out
Please let me say, Id really like to SHOUT
YEAH FOR ME!! I DIDNT PIG OUT!!!
::::::::::Good luck on YOUR journey & Get it DONE::::::::::
A FEW THINGS MORE ABOUT ME:
1. I live in Stockton, Ca.. The hot central valley
2. I love playing POGO!
3. I am the oldest of 6 kids!
4. I recently moved into a new home and enjoy remodeling it.
5. I am a stay at home mom.
6. I would love to find a work from home job.
7. I am smart, funny, and creative.
8. I LOVE scrapbooking.
9. I very much enjoy dancing!
10. I am a fulltime student, studying Medical Insurance Billing and Coding.
Small Successes so far....
1. Done with 32.75 Inches
2. Done with 47 lbs.
3. Gone from size 24 to 18...16 here I come
4. Lowered BMI 7 points
5. Gained friends, confindence, and ENERGY
6. Oh yes! I am so DONE..
IMMEDIATE GOALS: NO DATES REQUIRED
1. Reach 199
2. Save money for new tattoo
3. Quit fast "fat" food
4. Quit candy
5. Workout 4 times a week
I have decided to start focusing more on the short term and less on the longterm, I see that when Im wrapped up in the long term it seems untangeble. So now Im focusing on the small thihngs.
Be sure to check out my blog often to see how its going for me and I wish all of you the best of luck in your own personal journeys!
Currently I want to focus on not eating at night and my over all caloric intake.
TO MEET MY GOAL.... To lose 100 pounds in 1 year I am doing the following :
1. Eating 1200-1500 calories per day
2. Working out with a mix of weights and cardio, 5 or 6 days a week 1 hr per day.
3. Stopped drinking Starbucks.. although sometimes I drink a new Skinny Latte.. Its only 90 cal..
4. Most important for me, Im tracking my calories..
5. Im taking multi vitamins and 1000 mg of Vitamin C
6. Drinking only water.. no more soda.. If i feel like something other than soda I drink gatorade or carbonated water..
7. I do 100 crunches per day!
8. I post lots of visual motivation in my home!
9. I tell everyone what Im doing, having encouragement from people is the most helpful of all..
10. I am constantly tracking my journey through blogs and scrapbooking..
11. I allow myself to slip up from time to time..
12. I dont have "cheat days"
If anyone wants to contact me beyond this site, you can also reach me at
On Facebook Courtnie Mitchell
Or at POGO SN is CourtniesCreativ
Right now I am reading "The Show it Love Workout" By Kacy Duke, She helps you learn how to love your body for what it is now and where you want to take it.
| current weight: 239.9