My "Before" Pic - Summer 2011
Susan and Me; August 2010 (or was it '09?)
July 2012; my old/new suit, 53.5 lbs down
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
BOSS61 is a SparkPeople Motivator!
My long-term goal remains to weigh zero pounds; to stand sideways and cast no shadow. I also plan and expect to grow in height, with a modest goal set at four inches, though six would be better. This is because everything helps that nasty BMI number - both the numerator and the denominator!
For 2016 my interim goals are to lose 1.5 pounds per week and to grow 1.5 inches in height. The second of these two goals seems easier, but time will tell.
My overall goal is to lose 45% of my starting weight of 281. This will take me down to 155, now that weighing zero seems a little unrealistic.
For 2016 the plan is once again simple: to lose 1.5 lbs per week. That will bring me to somewhere marginally less than 200 by the time I again ignore Christmas entirely.
1. Treating the Sparky Nutrition Tracker as an unrelenting drill sergeant (i..e, the Soup Nazi).
2. No "seconds", no desserts, and no exceptions. I have become an herbivore, mainly. No veggies or fruits are safe in our house.
3. I track sodium and cholesterol as well. Male and in my 50s, I harbor no illusion over the importance of this stuff too.
4. Gym during the school year, cardio (45 minutes) and strength (20 to 30 minutes), about 4 or 5 days a week. Brisk walks outdoors, as conditions allow, on weekends. Swim laps in the summer, as much as time allows (typically 50 to 100 miles per summer). Yes, I have scales, gills and a waterproof mp3 player.
5. Bought a new Garmin heart rate monitor that syncs to Sparky
6. Totally floating myself away on roughly 100 oz of water per day. Oh yes, peeing just all the damn time too.
6. Maintain humor throughout the process - absolutely essential!
7. Do this with my wife, Susan81
My name is Mark. On Spark I am Chief Naysayer and Contrarian
I also am a business founder and owner. I am an environmental consultant and business owner. Check www.alwi.com for all the poop.
It's safe to ask me about it. I'm ALWAYS in sell mode, but you do not need and cannot use what I sell.
Emergency contact info: hit up SUSAN818127 or contact my company.
Probably there is no more provincial Baltimorean on all of Spark than me.
Fave quote: "Some Day We Will Look Back on This and It Will All Seem Funny!" - Bruce Springsteen, Rosalita Come out Tonight
Secrets of Success
| Pounds lost: 38.2
Holy pigskin Batman!! They won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15 days ago
You can do tons of things with kettlebells. :) Mostly it involves swinging, but there are also pure strength moves. The most fundamental moves are, in order of difficulty, the swing, clean, press, Turkish getup and the snatch.
20 days ago
Someone else said they had invited her, so I added to the invitation. She's one of the people willing to discuss politics without getting emotional. Plus has an outside opinion.
She's honorarily mishpocha, having worked at a Jewish day camp for a few summers.
But she's not much of a joiner.
29 days ago
Got it, thanks. Loved it. Would have loved it more if they'd tweaked the lyrics a bit!! Just sayin'
29 days ago
YOU (double finger point) are going to get FIRED!! Or maybe just voted off the island. Yeah.
30 days ago