Wearing a size 10!
Before (March 2009)
I have 37 pics in my gallery
I'm Making It Happen!
I used to be known as LADYBUG7157!
I have come to believe that weight loss is about goal setting. There is no trick other than to have a clear plan and dedication to following through. Finding the strength and determination to overcome my addictions and self-sabotaging behavior and be accountable to myself was difficult, but I am learning how to do this. I realize how few goals I once had, how few dreams I dreamed for myself. ...
I used to be known as LADYBUG7157!
I have come to believe that weight loss is about goal setting. There is no trick other than to have a clear plan and dedication to following through. Finding the strength and determination to overcome my addictions and self-sabotaging behavior and be accountable to myself was difficult, but I am learning how to do this. I realize how few goals I once had, how few dreams I dreamed for myself. I was living my life only in the physical sense, but now I am working to make every moment my own. I have so much to see and do, and I won't stop until I accomplish all of my dreams!
Right now, I am working on the 33 things I want to do before I turn 33 on March 14, 2011:
1. Have a spa day, complete with pedi, massage, and facial.
2. Put curtains in the bedroom.
3. Wear lingerie for my hubby.
4. Organize the laundry room/closet storage areas of the house.
5. Weigh 160.
6. Complete all of the steps to apply for the nursing program, and then wait to get the news (should be right after my birthday!).
7. Take my daughter to the Philadelphia Zoo. DONE! October 2010
8. Have a girls night with my friends.
9. Complete P90X.
10. Spend an entire day not worrying about housework or homework. -- DONE! Novebmer 2010
11. Have sex twice in one day.
12. Get my charm bracelet fixed.--DONE! 7/11/10
13. Take a cooking class.
14. Pay off the credit cards.
15. Try being vegetarian for a week. -- NIXED
16. Make a pie with fresh, seasonal fruit. -- DONE! 7/10/10
17. Laugh every day.
18. Make a scrapbook for my daughter.
19. Buy a complete, stylish outfit--clothes, shoes, bag, and accessories.
20. Donate my hair to Locks of Love.
21. Do something really nice for my mother-in-law. -- DONE! 6/24/10
22. Make a meal from my Gordon Ramsey cookbook.
23. Watch a movie in an actual movie theater. DONE! 12/15/10
24. Learn how to preserve fresh herbs.
25. Can vegetables.
26. Take my daughter to the Delaware Children's museum. -- DONE! 6/23/10
27. Pick a pre-school for my daughter.
28. Read a really great book. DONE! The Help
29. Catch a fish. NIXED
30. Organize kitchen cabinets and pantry. -- DONE! 7/4/10
31. GET MY BRACES OFF!
32. Get a family portrait done.
33. Go for a hike.
"You will achieve your grand dream, a day at a time, so set goals for each day--not long and difficult projects, but chores that will take you, step by step, toward your rainbow.
Write them down, if you must, but limit your list so that you won't have to drag today's undone matters into tomorrow.
Remember that you cannot build your pyramid in twenty-four hours. Be patient.
Never allow your day to become so cluttered that you neglect your most important goal--to do the best you can, enjoy this day, and rest satisfied with what you have accomplished."
- Og Mandino
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill
“I, Kim, hereby vow to keep moving toward my dreams and goals regardless of any obstacles or challenges I may face. I understand that challenges are transitory and do not last forever. I vow to use all of my mental and physical resources to work through them or around them, and I refuse to be intimidated, discouraged or cowed by fear. I will persevere no matter what, knowing undeniably that I have the power to overcome any difficulty. I understand that this focus above any other is enough to carry me swiftly to the finish line.”
Losing weight is by far harder mentally than physically. Anyone can count calories and exercise and lose weight. The hard part is making the decision to do it everyday.
Being overweight is hard.
Losing weight is hard.
Maintaining your weight is hard.
Choose your hard.
Remember when we had those yearly President's Fitness tests in school? I hated them. Even though I was slim, I failed most of the objectives. Running the mile was the worst, because everyone in the class could see whom was unable to do it. I couldn't run a mile, and I always failed. It was embarrassing. When I tried to run, I felt like my chest was going to explode.
I came to SP looking for a nutrition tracker. That was all. What I found was so much more. I found numerous tools to help me learn about fitness and nutrition. I found encouragement in the form of teams and fellow members. I found ideas, support, and motivation.
But the coolest thing I found here was the Couch to 5K program. While it is not unique to SP, I wasn't aware of it before, and there were many other members who had done the plan. I decided to try it. Even when it was hard, I did each of the training sessions. I gained endurance, strength, speed. I completed it, and I ran my first 5K on October 18, 2009 in 33:38.
I am a runner now. Not only can I run a mile, I can run 3, or 4. Heck, I could do more! I am more fit than I have ever been in my life.
I hope that I will show my daughter a better example of fitness than what I had. I want to be an active, healthy family. I don't want her to go to school and fail the fitness tests.
SW - 220
215 (post-delivery weight) - Complete! May '09
205 (pre-pregnancy weight) – Complete! 7/16/09
Out of 200’s – Complete! 8/7/09
190 (previous highest weight) – Complete! 9/18/09
178 (out of “overweight” BMI range) – 11/27/09
Size 12 -- Complete! May 2010
Size 10 (size at high school graduation) –
Size 8 (can it be done???) –
5K – Complete! 10/18/09
| current weight: 207.0
Member Since: 5/12/2009
My first goal was to lose the five pounds I gained after giving birth. Check!
7/16/09: Finally back to pre-pregnancy weight!
9/18/09: 190, baby! 30 down, 30 to go!
11/27/09: 178 means I have a NORMAL BMI! I'm not overweight anymore!
May 2010: Size 12!
- Waist less than 35 in.
- Healthy waist:hip ratio
- Size 10, then 8
- Healthy body fat %
- Run less than 30 minute 5K, then run 10K, then half marathon
Live My Life Like I Mean It
Learn Something New Every Day
Never, EVER Give Up!
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a hard worker, a student, and a runner.
I can do anything... I can do anything... I CAN do anything... I can do ANYTHING...